Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Hey there...I fill the 8-oz jars almost to the top since it doesn't expand > 6 jars.
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #12697 at 10:10 pm on Nov 22, 2008
I increased the amount of chocolate by 4 oz, but reduced the sugar by 1/2 cup. The water and corn syrup seem negligible.
The corn syrup gives it a glossy, slippery-ishness. It can probably be left out, but I'm not scientific enough to keep testing, only to find out the stuff is crystallizing. This recipe--SO FAR--seems like a stable reaction.
Now to figure out how long it takes to degrade to half-life.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- This sauce is addictive. Thanks, Marilyn!!! [NT] - Meryl - 3:23pm on 11/21/08
- You are most welcome. [NT] - MarilynFL - 6:04pm on 11/21/08
- Thanks for the recipe Marilyn! My, my...this stuff is soooo gooood!!! - GayleMO - 12:08am on 11/22/08
- Marilyn, now many jars does this make? I loved your original sauce - Heather_in_SF - 10:05pm on 11/22/08
- Hey there...I fill the 8-oz jars almost to the top since it doesn't expand > 6 jars. - MarilynFL - 10:10pm on 11/22/08
- Thanks Marilyn, I can't imagine it would last long enough to worry about a half life! LOL not in my - Heather_in_SF - 9:04am on 11/23/08