Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I created this Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe for DH ~ loves Peanut Butter ~ and they don't last long
Joined: May 9, 2008
Posted to Thread #12744 at 2:57 am on Nov 25, 2008
This I created for my DH, he loves Peanut butter Cookies so this was designed especially for him
DIANNE’S PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
Preheat oven 375◦
Note: As you add each ingredient, it is important, to mix thoroughly together each newly added ingredient
Peanut butter mixture:
½ cup shortening (butter or /margarine) softened at room temperature
½ cup sugar
¾ cup creamy peanut butter
½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
¼ teaspoon vanilla
1 ¼ cup sifted flour
¾ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt (can eliminate)
In a bowl, add shortening. Add sugar and mix together until completely blended together, using a pastry blender or a large fork.
Whisk egg in a small bowl, and then add to sugar mixture. Mix all together.
Add peanut butter. Mix all together. Add brown sugar. Mix all together. After mixture is thoroughly blended together, set aside.
In a large bowl, add sifted flour. Add baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix together.
Add flour mixture to peanut butter mixture. Blend together slowly, careful to get all ingredients mixed together, stir from bottom to get all the flour well blended in.
Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray, lightly and evenly. Do not saturate.
Roll in small balls. Flatten with fork, making a criss cross design.
Bake exactly 10 to11 minutes in a preheated oven.
In practicing patience, I possess my own Soul
Other messages in this thread:
- 12744. ISO: Simple Peanut Butter Cookie, Have Searched T & T Nothing There, Any Suggestions Folks :) [NT] - KiwiChris Melb Oz - 1:08am on 11/25/08 (13)
- Here's a winner from Michael & CI: "Big, Super-nutty Peanut Butter Cookies. [LINK] [IMAGE] - MarilynFL - 1:17am on 11/25/08
- this one is TERRIFIC [NT] - AngAk - 2:21am on 11/25/08
- It's actually on the menu for Thanksgiving. We will travel to San Diego... - Michael in Phoenix - 2:45am on 11/25/08
- It seems to me that this should be in T&T. Is there a third person out there who loves this recipe? [NT] - AngAk - 7:22pm on 11/25/08
- I love a good PB cookie. Here's one of my favorite recipes-- - Barbara in VA - 11:51am on 11/25/08
- A little chocolate wouldn't hurt. :) Here's a great one: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies [LINK] - Meryl - 1:23am on 11/25/08
- 3 Ingredient Peanut butter cookies, you said simple!!!! [LINK] - SusanKentfieldCa - 1:34am on 11/25/08
- These are great, but too sweet for me, so I always cut the sugar in half. [NT] - Meryl - 1:58am on 11/25/08
- Make these PB filled ones! REC: Peanut Butter Filled Peanut Butter Cookies - Sandi in Hawaii - 1:57am on 11/25/08
- These sound very good, Sandi. Ever use a jelly filling? [NT] - DawnNYS - 2:25pm on 11/29/08
- No, I haven't. Everyone just loves the extra peanut butter, and I don't fuss with a good thing :) [NT] - Sandi in Hawaii - 7:25pm on 11/29/08
- I created this Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe for DH ~ loves Peanut Butter ~ and they don't last long - dianncy1964 - 2:57am on 11/25/08
- Wow, Many Many Thanks Folks, Going To Make a Batch Of Them All, Will Post Back Results, Thanks again [NT] - KiwiChris Melb Oz - 7:09am on 11/25/08