Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Michael in Phoenix||
Snopes.com says it pays to be wary. Many of these chains are only...
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #12747 at 5:13 am on Nov 25, 2008
...closing some of their stores. It may not be as dangerous as this list that has been making the rounds makes it seem.
And who knows? After the first of the new year, some of these guys may be gone, and others could join the list. Retailers make so much of their fiscal nut on holiday sales... sometimes as much as 80% of their yearly take.
Human liberty is about courage, dignity, eternal truths, and personal responsibility. Star Parker
Other messages in this thread:
- 12747. NFR: stores closing... but still selling their gift cards! - cheezz - 4:08am on 11/25/08 (17)
- Whoa, thanks cheezz, was just going to buy some gift cards. Will give cash instead. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 4:14am on 11/25/08
- This is a very depressing list. - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 5:06am on 11/25/08
- Snopes.com says it pays to be wary. Many of these chains are only... - Michael in Phoenix - 5:13am on 11/25/08
- Well, we probably have too many stores anyway. - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 3:17pm on 11/25/08
- This is very sad. Think all the people losing their jobs and the ripple effect. [NT] - Sylvia - 11:37am on 11/25/08
- Very true. Even with the glut of stores, they do provide employment. [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 6:52pm on 11/25/08
- Within the last few weeks, we've lost K-mart, Linens 'n things and Sound Advice. [NT] - Curious1 - 12:10pm on 11/25/08
- I'd like to see where you found the info on Cache because I find very conflicting info - CathyZ from Kauai - 5:16pm on 11/25/08
- It's an email thing that's circulating right now. Very misleading. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 6:20pm on 11/25/08
- This morning I googled and found the info to be part true, part fiction. You can [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 7:13pm on 11/25/08
- Yes, you can also go to snopes.com and find the same info on what is real and false [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 7:29pm on 11/25/08
- A letter I got this AM from Eddie Bauer about this.... - Marsha tbay - 5:31pm on 11/25/08
- That's what I meant. It's not as bad (at the moment, anyway) as the email purports. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 6:18pm on 11/25/08
- Apologies all around!! I am always the first one to go check on snopes, but... - cheezz - 1:55am on 11/26/08
- That said, I still won't be buying a single gift card this season... just too volatile a market! [NT] - cheezz - 1:56am on 11/26/08
- For those stores that are indeed closing, they are being turned over to liquidators who are... [LINK] - Michael in Sarasota - 11:42am on 11/26/08
- And wasn't this an eye opener. [NT] - Curious1 - 1:02pm on 11/26/08