Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
A letter I got this AM from Eddie Bauer about this....
Joined: Feb 25, 2006
Posted to Thread #12747 at 5:31 pm on Nov 25, 2008
To our valued customers:
It has come to our attention that misleading information is circulating via email as part of a hoax intended to discourage consumers from buying gift cards from a number of retailers including Eddie Bauer. We want to set the record straight.
Eddie Bauer has been in business since 1920 and operates 376 retail stores throughout North America. We also have a robust online and catalog division. In our March 2008 annual report, we announced both the opening of new locations as well as the closing of some older locations as part of our normal course of business. The stores referenced were all closed in January 2008. In 2009, we will again open and close a handful of stores as part of our normal business plan.
Eddie Bauer remains committed to providing our customers with outstanding quality, value and service, now and for many years to come. Our gift cards are a great option for the holidays. You can purchase and redeem them at any of our retail stores, through our catalogs or at eddiebauer.com. We look forward to serving you this holiday season.
President & CEO
Other messages in this thread:
- 12747. NFR: stores closing... but still selling their gift cards! - cheezz - 4:08am on 11/25/08 (17)
- Whoa, thanks cheezz, was just going to buy some gift cards. Will give cash instead. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 4:14am on 11/25/08
- This is a very depressing list. - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 5:06am on 11/25/08
- Snopes.com says it pays to be wary. Many of these chains are only... - Michael in Phoenix - 5:13am on 11/25/08
- Well, we probably have too many stores anyway. - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 3:17pm on 11/25/08
- This is very sad. Think all the people losing their jobs and the ripple effect. [NT] - Sylvia - 11:37am on 11/25/08
- Very true. Even with the glut of stores, they do provide employment. [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 6:52pm on 11/25/08
- Within the last few weeks, we've lost K-mart, Linens 'n things and Sound Advice. [NT] - Curious1 - 12:10pm on 11/25/08
- I'd like to see where you found the info on Cache because I find very conflicting info - CathyZ from Kauai - 5:16pm on 11/25/08
- It's an email thing that's circulating right now. Very misleading. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 6:20pm on 11/25/08
- This morning I googled and found the info to be part true, part fiction. You can [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 7:13pm on 11/25/08
- Yes, you can also go to snopes.com and find the same info on what is real and false [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 7:29pm on 11/25/08
- A letter I got this AM from Eddie Bauer about this.... - Marsha tbay - 5:31pm on 11/25/08
- That's what I meant. It's not as bad (at the moment, anyway) as the email purports. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 6:18pm on 11/25/08
- Apologies all around!! I am always the first one to go check on snopes, but... - cheezz - 1:55am on 11/26/08
- That said, I still won't be buying a single gift card this season... just too volatile a market! [NT] - cheezz - 1:56am on 11/26/08
- For those stores that are indeed closing, they are being turned over to liquidators who are... [LINK] - Michael in Sarasota - 11:42am on 11/26/08
- And wasn't this an eye opener. [NT] - Curious1 - 1:02pm on 11/26/08