Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I always "fry" the green beans with garlic -- they get eaten before the turkey :)
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #12752 at 2:02 am on Nov 26, 2008
Heat skillet and add about 3 tbl. good olive oil for 2 lb. beans. Saute for a few minutes until glossy all over. Add 1/2 cup water and quickly put the lid on (it will steam like crazy). Turn heat down and cook untouched for about 6 min. Remove lid (water will have evaporated) and throw in about 1 tbl. crushed garlic. Stir fry a couple of minutes until beans are browned a bit and done. A little salt and pepper and you're ready to serve!
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies!
Other messages in this thread:
- 12752. Green vegetable for T-day. - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 7:08pm on 11/25/08 (4)
- I don't have a sauce recipe, but I'm doing the same with browned butter and a squeeze of lemon over - AngAk - 7:38pm on 11/25/08
- I love to use a good olive oil with a few drops of pure lemon oil and fresh ground pepper. - PatBastrop - 10:50pm on 11/25/08
- REC: Lemon Sauce--we use this on brussel sprouts, but it would be good on string beans... - charlie - 1:41am on 11/26/08
- I always "fry" the green beans with garlic -- they get eaten before the turkey :) - cheezz - 2:02am on 11/26/08