Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
My Italian father loves OG. Go figure. I think he considers it a bargain because they keep bringing
Joined: Dec 14, 2005
Posted to Thread #12749 at 2:56 am on Nov 26, 2008
those gawdawful breadsticks. He's a depression-era cheapo.
I actually got hired there once, in my late twenties. I was desperate for a job and they were opening a new store in Torrance. The interview consisted of three managers explaining to me the "concept of HOSPITALIANO." They didn't ask any questions because they were hiring everyone who walked in anyway. The first part of orientation was learning the "hospitaliano" theme song. It was scary, like joining a cult.
Fortunately, that was as far as it went. I ended up being saved from a career in breadsticks by being hired at TGIFridays next door, another horrible chain. What a nightmare--I could write a book about that place!
Ahhhh, to be self-employed and to dine at Mom-and Pops!
Other messages in this thread:
- 12749. FRC: Interesting take on what this economic funk could possibly do to mom and pop... - Michael in Phoenix - 4:31pm on 11/25/08 (26)
- For me, the really sad apart about the national chain brainwashing is - Richard in Cincy - 5:28pm on 11/25/08
- I am of the opinion that most of the general public doesn't even realize that there's precious... - Michael in Phoenix - 6:17pm on 11/25/08
- Example: Applebee's BBQ riblets. Very popular entree and appetizer. - Michael in Phoenix - 6:22pm on 11/25/08
- That explains a lot... - Carianna in WA - 6:27pm on 11/25/08
- MMM Guacamole on a hamburger....Never tried it, but sounds good. This is the second new - barb_b - 6:49pm on 11/25/08
- We make guacamole burgers and I serve them on toasted English muffins...yum! - Dawn_MO - 7:11pm on 11/25/08
- Dawn, your killing me...I should be thinking about how to use my Turkey leftovers, not dreaming - barb_b - 11:59pm on 11/25/08
- I gotta try the Guacamole burgers. I use English Muffins for most of our - Elenor - 7:41pm on 11/25/08
- What is Michael's suggestion re hamburgers and leftovers that you mentionerd? [NT] - Elenor - 7:45pm on 11/25/08
- look up in post 12740 [NT] - AngAk - 11:28pm on 11/25/08
- make that guacomole, pepperjack cheese and red onion, yummmm [NT] - Nan - 2:09am on 11/26/08
- My MIL's favorite restaurant is Olive Garden. - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 7:01pm on 11/25/08
- You answered my question, when I read the OG post above, I wondered if the food is still so salty. [NT] - Curious1 - 7:40pm on 11/25/08
- Do you remember the Olive Garden commercial a few years back... - Richard in Cincy - 9:14pm on 11/25/08
- WHAT you mean there are no elves??? .... Seriously... : ) Next you are going to tell me - barb_b - 12:11am on 11/26/08
- The thing that gets to me about these "fine dining" chains like Applebee's, OG, etc... - Richard in Cincy - 9:20pm on 11/25/08
- The smell! I went into a chain operation, Joe's Crabshack. . . - mistral - 10:26pm on 11/25/08
- We know two families that rarely cook. They eat out up to three times a day. OG is one... - Michael in Phoenix - 12:37am on 11/26/08
- My Italian father loves OG. Go figure. I think he considers it a bargain because they keep bringing - Joe - 2:56am on 11/26/08
- ahhahaha about "cults". I stopped at the new Target the other morning and they were having a group - AngAk - 6:52pm on 11/26/08
- If you want creepy, just go into a Brighton's jewelry store.... - cheezz - 12:39am on 11/27/08
- And I thought it was just the one salesperson who stuck to me like glue! - Sandi in Hawaii - 9:56pm on 11/29/08
- It's just creepy to have someone, literally, right on your elbow... HATE the 'girlfriend' concept! [NT] - cheezz - 5:28am on 11/30/08
- AMEN to that!!! [NT] - PatBastrop - 11:04pm on 11/25/08
- My DH likes to watch that Diners Drive-ins and Dives show and I think it may be helping get the word - AngAk - 7:35pm on 11/25/08
- OMG--I love that show. . . - mistral - 8:30pm on 11/25/08