Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Julie R - WA||
Tonight is a homemade chicken soup. Tomorrow is Rec: Sherry Buttered Shrimp
Joined: Nov 15, 2006
Posted to Thread #12843 at 3:01 am on Dec 2, 2008
** Sherry Buttered Shrimp **
This is so very simple, and so very tasty. Elegant and perfect for a nice, romantic dinner.
17 min | 10 min prep
SERVES 3 -4
* 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms (about 8 oz)
* 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
* 1 tablespoon minced shallot
* 6 tablespoons butter
* 1 lb medium raw shrimp, peeled and de-veined
* 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
* 1/8 teaspoon white pepper, to taste
* 3 tablespoons dry sherry
1. In large skillet, cook mushrooms, garlic, and shallot in butter until tender.
2. Add shrimp, basil and pepper; cook and stir until shrimp are pink (be careful not to overcook!).
3. Stir in sherry; simmer for 3 minutes.
4. Serve with cooked rice; makes 4 servings.
Link: Sherry Buttered Shrimp
Life is grand!
Other messages in this thread:
- 12843. Here we are between holidays. :) What kinds of dinners are you making now? [NT] - Julie R - WA - 2:01am on 12/02/08 (27)
- Poached eggs on toast for tonight. Must go to store! [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 2:26am on 12/02/08
- bye-bye turkey and ham, tonight is Rec: Balsamic-Braised Short Ribs with Horseradish Mashed Potatoes [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 2:49am on 12/02/08
- Tomorrow is orchid's New Mexico-Style Green Chili and Pork Stew with Potatoes [NT] [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 3:13am on 12/02/08
- Wednesday be leftovers. ;o) Beyond that....stay tuned. - Pat-NoCal - 3:22am on 12/02/08
- Ooh, so excited...did you make it Pat? [NT] - orchid - 11:34pm on 12/02/08
- Yes, yes, yummy stuff. We liked it alot. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 2:27pm on 12/05/08
- Tonight is a homemade chicken soup. Tomorrow is Rec: Sherry Buttered Shrimp [LINK] - Julie R - WA - 3:01am on 12/02/08
- Reheated Mom's Hambone & Beans w/ Sauerkraut. [NT] - MarilynFL - 3:13am on 12/02/08
- Lentil Sausage Soup from Barefoot in Paris. [NT] - Curious1 - 6:24am on 12/02/08
- Recipe ? Pretty please! - suz - 3:00pm on 12/02/08
- Rec: Lentil Sausage Soup. My first time using the du Puy lentils and I liked them better than the [LINK] - Curious1 - 3:35pm on 12/02/08
- Thank you sooo much for posting, Didn't recognize by the name... - suz - 4:13pm on 12/02/08
- Another lentil recipe from Ina Garten you may like - suz - 5:29pm on 12/02/08
- Cathy's slow cooker cassoulet...(Yum) served over mashed pots [NT] - barb_b - 12:40pm on 12/02/08
- Spicy Sausage Escarole and White Bean Stew - suz - 1:17pm on 12/02/08
- From FC? It's on my list. Have you made the Mediterranean Kale & White Bean w/ Sausage? Love it. [NT] [LINK] - Curious1 - 1:43pm on 12/02/08
- Is it same dish but with kale? No I haven't tried it that way yet - suz - 1:55pm on 12/02/08
- Duh!! Just noticed link [NT] - suz - 2:02pm on 12/02/08
- Sorry, I didn't scroll far enough to see it was from FC. [NT] - Curious1 - 1:44pm on 12/02/08
- Pot stickers from Trader Joes with PJ Changs spicey sauce for eggplant. minus the eggplant. [NT] - aajay - 1:47pm on 12/02/08
- I need some fast dinners this week. We have meetings almost every night. - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 2:46pm on 12/02/08
- Pasta! Pasta! Pasta! [NT] - Meryl - 2:49pm on 12/02/08
- Yes, indeedy! [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 3:45pm on 12/02/08
- Look above at spicy sausage escarole white bean stew, delicious and fast [NT] - suz - 3:02pm on 12/02/08
- Ooo...looks good--and fast! [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 6:23pm on 12/02/08
- soups and stews... make great leftovers so I don't have to cook every night. [NT] - cheezz - 12:52am on 12/03/08
- Tonight is port tenderloins sitting on top of sauerkraut, apples, caraway seeds, garlic - KarenNoCA - 1:25am on 12/03/08