Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Luisa, I'm so happy for you! What a wonderful trip that must have been!
Joined: Dec 11, 2005
Posted to Thread #12857 at 3:29 am on Dec 3, 2008
I'm giggling here because my Dad went there a few years ago and donned himself as Lawrence of Arabia in full dress. I saw the photos and they were so funny.
It's not every day that we are fortunate enough to see one of the seven wonders of the world.... but I'm so glad you did!
Other messages in this thread:
- 12857. Egypt: so fabulous! You must ALWAYS contend with crowds whenever/wherever you go but... - Luisa_Calif - 12:59am on 12/03/08 (22)
- I'm so envious! Would just love to get to Egypt and Israel one of these days... *sigh* [NT] - cheezz - 1:06am on 12/03/08
- me too. [NT] - AngAk - 1:18am on 12/03/08
- Luisa, are you an "Amelia Peabody" fan? I've wanted to sail up the Nile in a dahabeeyah ever since - MarilynFL - 1:30am on 12/03/08
- We went on a felucca, a sailing boat with one big sail. [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 2:13am on 12/03/08
- Uh.... can't you just settle for gators under your car in the meantime?? - Sandy_in_Philly - 3:34am on 12/03/08
- LOL [NT] - AngAk - 9:18pm on 12/03/08
- True Story: my office mate was walking out to the parking lot and a gator ran across the walkway! [NT] - MarilynFL - 5:49pm on 12/04/08
- ...and two years later, another friend pulled a binder out of a box on the floor of a conference - MarilynFL - 5:52pm on 12/04/08
- which is why I live in Los Angeles... you rarely see gators here [NT] - cheezz - 10:31pm on 12/04/08
- at least not the four-legged toothy ones, anyway.... [NT] - PatBastrop - 12:09am on 12/05/08
- LOL! Yes, we can't exclude those movie industry execs and used car salespersons... [NT] - Sandy_in_Philly - 4:30am on 12/05/08
- Oh, a dream trip! Did you go with a tour group, or plan this extravaganza on your own? [NT] - Marianne - 1:48am on 12/03/08
- a teacher from my school organized the trip through EF tours, a big company that does - Luisa_Calif - 2:14am on 12/03/08
- Ah, incredible... Lucky you! :) [NT] - ErininNY - 2:29am on 12/03/08
- It sounds like you had a really, really good organizer! Wow, the hot air balloon must have been - PatBastrop - 3:25am on 12/03/08
- Our group leader had bee in 2000 & they weren't doing the balloon rides then, so must be recent>>> - Luisa_Calif - 1:21am on 12/04/08
- Best words were "le sho crun"..."no thank you!" when trying to avoid the vendors selling tourist cr - Luisa_Calif - 1:22am on 12/04/08
- Luisa, I'm so happy for you! What a wonderful trip that must have been! - Sandy_in_Philly - 3:29am on 12/03/08
- What a life experience! Sounds facinating! [NT] - barb_b - 12:27pm on 12/03/08
- I want to go on the NEXT trip with this group...whereever it is. Sounds like my kind of tours. [NT] - MarilynFL - 1:13pm on 12/03/08
- Thanks Luisa....brings back such great memories. [NT] - orchid - 1:26pm on 12/03/08
- So glad to hear you had a grea time. We were there in '97 and I'd wondered - LisainLA - 5:40am on 12/08/08