Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Hi Marg kapusta soup is made with fresh cabbage and
Joined: Dec 11, 2005
Posted to Thread #12847 at 7:53 pm on Dec 3, 2008
kapusnyak means sauerkraut soup. You are probably thinking of Cabbage and Tomatoes not a soup. Kapusta means sweet cabbage and in Ukrainian when we prepare a sauerkraut recipe we call it fermented cabbage (kvashena kapusta).
Ukrainian Cabbage with Tomatoes
"Simply delicious--everyone asked for a second helping."
1 small head cabbage
1 small onion, chopped
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon flour
1 cup cooked tomatoes, strained
2 tablespoons sour cream
Salt and pepper.
Shred the cabbage. Cook the onion in the butter until tender. Add the cabbage and the water. Cook, uncovered, for about 10 minutes or until the cabbage is tender but still slightly crisp.
Melt the butter, blend in the flour, and stir in the tomatoes. Cook, stirring, until the sauce thickens. Add the sour cream, and season the sauce to taste with salt and pepper. Combine the sauce with the cabbage, bring to a boil, and simmer for a few minutes to blend the flavors. Serve as a vegetable with a meat course.
Other messages in this thread:
- 12847. Has anyone seen Olga's - Ukrainian Classic Kitchen web site? - Elenor - 3:04pm on 12/02/08 (10)
- I was going to post the link here, now I'm glad I didn't . I didn't get an alert, but if one person - AngAk - 6:42pm on 12/02/08
- When I went into her web site and looked around, it seemed to be okay. But when I tried to save it - Elenor - 10:34pm on 12/02/08
- Hello everyone, this is Olga from Ukrainian Classic Kitchen, [LINK] - Olga_D_Ont - 2:19am on 12/03/08
- Well I tried again and its okay now - thanks Olga. Dont know what the problem was but all's well - Elenor - 3:45am on 12/03/08
- What a terrific web site.! Thanks Olga. [NT] - KC_ - 1:21pm on 12/03/08
- My pleasure and I'm glad you like it. [NT] - Olga_D_Ont - 7:55pm on 12/03/08
- Congratulations Olga. What a feat! Not going to tell H about this as he would have me - Marg CDN - 5:04pm on 12/03/08
- Hi Marg kapusta soup is made with fresh cabbage and - Olga_D_Ont - 7:53pm on 12/03/08
- Good. That's just what I'll do on the weekend. Thanks Olga. [NT] - Marg CDN - 8:51pm on 12/03/08
- It seems OK now, I went there and saved it to Favorites and no warnings came up. [NT] - KarenNoCA - 1:19am on 12/03/08