Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Michael in Phoenix||
Thanks for calling my attention to this. As for China, I can say this: a friend of mine...
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #12860 at 8:00 pm on Dec 3, 2008
...works for a very, very large and prominent electronics manufacturer. She is a professional in many disciplines, and her job is to check out foreign businesses that seek to provide parts for the megacorp she works for.
She has flown to practically any country you can name in the last 20 years, and she sets up shop and does a fine-tooth-comb inspection of every aspect of the business she is scouting. She is so thorough and efficient, when she's through with them, they feel like they've had the same procedure Katie Couric had on national television.
She spent a combined total of 6 years in China. She says, bluntly, that the cutthroat attitudes in China are worse than any country she's ever seen (including Russia), and businessmen at all levels operate with no regard for the safety of the consumer -ESPECIALLY if the product is being exported.
I could go on, but you get the idea.
Human liberty is about courage, dignity, eternal truths, and personal responsibility. Star Parker
Other messages in this thread:
- 12860. Is China really into our food to this extent? - KarenNoCA - 4:45pm on 12/03/08 (24)
- Oh yes. I stopped buying shrimp 3 years ago for just that reason. Wild shrimp is so - Marg CDN - 5:15pm on 12/03/08
- I don't doubt it for a second. Starbucks gets its milk from China. (Not enough cows in the States?!) [NT] - Shaun in TO - 5:19pm on 12/03/08
- I just spoke with Starbucks customer service. They said they use chinese milk sources only for... - Michael in Phoenix - 7:05pm on 12/03/08
- You're right! Sorry for the misinformation. [NT] - Shaun in TO - 7:18pm on 12/03/08
- Thanks for calling my attention to this. As for China, I can say this: a friend of mine... - Michael in Phoenix - 8:00pm on 12/03/08
- Is this how you get your insights into Mexican produce as well? You made me permanently - Marg CDN - 8:53pm on 12/03/08
- No. My insight into mexican-grown produce is from the regional produce manager of a local... - Michael in Phoenix - 4:41am on 12/04/08
- PS: Sorry if this post is not politically correct. I believe it is accurate, and my source is... - Michael in Phoenix - 1:38pm on 12/04/08
- Hey Michael....howfastdidyousaythatdrinkname? [NT] - MarilynFL - 7:21pm on 12/03/08
- Faster than Niles Crane! Actually, I can say it even faster... - Michael in Phoenix - 7:45pm on 12/03/08
- And this morning I read China is concerned about melamine tainted eggs. That could affect a lot of - Curious1 - 5:20pm on 12/03/08
- how would this be possible? In powdered eggs? [NT] - AngAk - 11:19pm on 12/03/08
- I think it's fresh eggs, but think about Chinese egg noodles, etc. Here's a link to NY Times article [NT] [LINK] - Curious1 - 2:18am on 12/04/08
- Contaminated ginger...is that fresh ginger? How would it become tainted?? [NT] - Curious1 - 5:30pm on 12/03/08
- I believe it may be powdered ginger. I wish I knew of a way to track the foods - KarenNoCA - 5:36pm on 12/03/08
- I won't buy dried mushrooms from China despite the tempting price and - aajay - 5:55pm on 12/03/08
- below is a list of barcodes that identify which country foods came from. - emtd - 7:22pm on 12/03/08
- And then this information disputes your post....so confusing! [LINK] - KarenNoCA - 12:24am on 12/04/08
- it's hard to know what to believe isn't it? Thanks KarenNoCa. (nt) [NT] - emtd - 12:48am on 12/04/08
- That makes sense, thanks. [NT] - Curious1 - 11:00pm on 12/03/08
- I believe it's the lack of regulations on fertilizers, pesticides, etc.. that we need to worry about - Marg CDN - 6:17pm on 12/03/08
- I just checked bar codes on three cans from my pantry through this site, [LINK] - KarenNoCA - 12:46am on 12/04/08
- Now, does that mean that the product inside the can is from CA too? or is it the packaged item came - PatBastrop - 1:33am on 12/04/08
- One jar is Santa Barbara olives and are processed in CA and packagaed - KarenNoCA - 3:34am on 12/04/08