Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Cookie Cutter Chocolate Cookies by Carole Walter
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #12929 at 1:07 am on Dec 7, 2008
1 1/2 C flour, spooned & leveled.
2 Tbl strained Dutch-process cocoa
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 C butter, slightly firm
1 C superfine sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp instant espresso powder, dissolved in 1/2 tsp boiling water
3 oz unsweetened chocolate, melted.
Sift flour, cocoa, BP, BS, & salt
Cream butter and sugar for 2 minutes
Add in egg, vanilla & espresso, mix then add melted chocolate.
Add flour in 2 batches.
Divide into two batches, form into rectangles and wrap well. Refrigerate for two hours.
Preheat to 350 F.
Line cookie pan with parchment
Use sifted confectioner sugar and roll out dough to 3/16" thick.
Bake 9-11 minutes.
She recommends rotating from front to back and top to bottom shelves.
Let rest a minimum of 2 minutes before lifting with spatula.
Lasts up to 3 weeks in airtight container.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 12929. CynUpstateNY, two more "chocolate rolled cookie" recipes - MarilynFL - 12:51am on 12/07/08 (6)
- "Amy-oes" [faux oreo cookie from NYC Amy's Cookies] by Tish Boyle - MarilynFL - 12:54am on 12/07/08
- Hi Is The Kahlua Buttercream Filling Recipe Anywhere ? these look good [NT] - KiwiChris Melb Oz - 6:29pm on 12/09/08
- Chris, it's in the recipe now. [NT] - MarilynFL - 10:52pm on 12/09/08
- Cookie Cutter Chocolate Cookies by Carole Walter - MarilynFL - 1:07am on 12/07/08
- Thanks so much, Mar- I love Carole Walter recipes! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 7:42pm on 12/10/08
- thanks marilyn. I like the addition of melted chocolate. I made Penny's recipe subbing in cocoa - AngAk - 7:48pm on 12/10/08