Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Anyone up for a delicous simply easy soup?
Joined: Nov 22, 2008
Posted to Thread #12945 at 9:51 pm on Dec 8, 2008
This soup is great just as is but it allows for you to add meat and even veggies to it as well. Since I do not believe in foods in a can, I either make my own broth or use the broth from a box. I typically will get Swanson's 48 oz. chicken broth. But you can use what you want even if it is a veggie broth.
This is one of my favorite recipes because of how easy and fast it is made. You can even change the soup by changing the type of bread used for the dumplings.
· 8 slices day-old bread
· 3 tablespoons butter, softened
· 1 egg
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
· 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
1. Remove crusts from day old bread and crumble stale slices into a medium bowl. Mix in the butter, egg, salt and pepper until dough forms. Knead until the dough can be formed into balls. Form balls 3/4 inch in diameter, the recipe should make about 30 balls.
2. Heat the chicken broth to boiling in a large saucepan or stockpot. Drop balls into the broth and simmer for 10 minutes, or until balls rise to the top. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
Other messages in this thread:
- 12945. Anyone up for a delicous simply easy soup? - Mercy - 9:51pm on 12/08/08 (4)
- Seems easy enough... what keeps the bread from falling apart, though? [NT] - DawnNYS - 12:54am on 12/09/08
- Sounds like a take-off on matzoh balls. [NT] - Meryl - 1:06am on 12/09/08
- I believe the butter and the egg. I have used several types of bread and all have stayed in balls [NT] - Mercy - 3:13am on 12/09/08
- Here's another delicious, easy one - Peasant's Soup [LINK] - Meryl - 1:10am on 12/09/08