Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Here's another delicious, easy one - Peasant's Soup
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
Posted to Thread #12945 at 1:10 am on Dec 9, 2008
1 loaf French bread, cut into thin slices
1 garlic clove, halved
4 cups chicken stock
2 cups broccoli florets
2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Toast bread on both sides. Rub cut the side of the garlic generously over each slice of toast.
2. Bring chicken stock to a boil in a large saucepan. Add broccoli and cook for 30 seconds until broccoli is tender-crisp.
3. Ladle soup into heated soup bowls, place two or three slices of garlic toast in each, and sprinkle with Parmesan.
Use thinly sliced mushrooms instead of broccoli and substitute garlic croutons-bread cubes cooked in garlic butter until crisp-for the garlic toast. If you feel extravagant, brown the mushrooms lightly in butter before adding to the stock.
A balanced diet is equal parts of milk and dark chocolate.
Other messages in this thread:
- 12945. Anyone up for a delicous simply easy soup? - Mercy - 9:51pm on 12/08/08 (4)
- Seems easy enough... what keeps the bread from falling apart, though? [NT] - DawnNYS - 12:54am on 12/09/08
- Sounds like a take-off on matzoh balls. [NT] - Meryl - 1:06am on 12/09/08
- I believe the butter and the egg. I have used several types of bread and all have stayed in balls [NT] - Mercy - 3:13am on 12/09/08
- Here's another delicious, easy one - Peasant's Soup [LINK] - Meryl - 1:10am on 12/09/08