Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
What a great way to get your mom to eat...
Joined: Dec 11, 2005
Posted to Thread #13051 at 6:50 pm on Dec 15, 2008
I remember when my mom was in that position and I was making everything I could to entice her. I feel honored that the caramel is helping someone in that way!
I think I'll make some turtles next batch! :)
My granddaughter spent the night last night and she and I are baking cookies today. Such fun with a 4 yr old! :)
Bless you, Amanda...my prayers go with you and your mom. I know how hard of a place you are in...
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
Other messages in this thread:
- 13051. GayleMO, I just made a batch of your caramel... - Dawn_MO - 3:11pm on 12/14/08 (22)
- Any candy makers around? I just tested some caramel off of the spatula and it feels - Dawn_MO - 3:19pm on 12/14/08
- I decided that I better do something before it completely cooled, [LINK] - Dawn_MO - 3:41pm on 12/14/08
- Thermometers are so unreliable! Each one has to be calibrated, like an oven! AARRGGHHH [NT] - PatBastrop - 4:35pm on 12/14/08
- I just tested mine and it appears to be off by about 15 degrees. Sheesh! - Dawn_MO - 6:47pm on 12/14/08
- My new candy thermometer SAID on the packaging to test it in boiling water. . . - mistral - 10:00pm on 12/14/08
- Thanks mistral... - Dawn_MO - 10:55pm on 12/14/08
- Dawn, If your thermometer is an even 15 - mistral - 5:47pm on 12/15/08
- mistral, I have two of those...and they're 5 degrees off from each other. Be careful because - MarilynFL - 6:25pm on 12/15/08
- DH and I made Gayle's recipe yesterday (for turtles) and had the same problem. - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 4:47pm on 12/14/08
- I mean we made Gayle's caramel recipe (which we then used to make turtles). [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 4:48pm on 12/14/08
- Yum, Amanda! Did you use toasted pecans? Milk or dark? :) - GayleMO - 7:51pm on 12/14/08
- Raw pecans (didn't think about toasting!), and did half dark, half milk chocolate. - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 9:55pm on 12/14/08
- What a great way to get your mom to eat... - GayleMO - 6:50pm on 12/15/08
- I'm following your progress with interest. I am planning on making - emtd - 3:55pm on 12/14/08
- Watch the timing--precision is everything! [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 4:49pm on 12/14/08
- YES!!! [NT] - GayleMO - 7:49pm on 12/14/08
- Hey all..... - GayleMO - 7:46pm on 12/14/08
- Thanks for the tips. So funny we all made your recipe this weekend! [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 9:55pm on 12/14/08
- Thanks Gayle! Success! I just made another batch and - Dawn_MO - 10:02pm on 12/14/08
- REC: Licorice Caramels [LINK] - Dawn_MO - 10:06pm on 12/14/08
- REC: Spicy Caramels - Dawn_MO - 10:51pm on 12/14/08
- made it yet again.... makes delicious caramel to coat apples with!! [NT] - cheezz - 4:13am on 12/17/08