Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Been there & sure know that furniture. Ours is all white , or rather, it used to be. The adults
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #13094 at 4:30 pm on Dec 17, 2008
are at least as bad with the red wine.
I'd do a sit-down for the kids and have the parents eat from their laps (their own laps). Now that I know what this spiral ham is, doesn't it sound like an easy idea, along with a huge whack of scalloped potatoes? But the pulled pork could be eaten without a knife and a minimum of red sauce.
And if ham is getting old, wouldn't the pulled pork work with scalloped potatoes? It would if I were serving this neighbourhood multitude. And the poatotes would have to be well-cooked so that no knife is needed.
I think I just wouldn't worry too much about how it all works. It's just about having a good time.
And by the way, I find that an easy way to make scalloped potatoes is just to use whipping cream. Forget the flour, butter and milk process.
Other messages in this thread:
- 13094. NYE party turning into a saga....need advice - Kathleen - 1:07pm on 12/17/08 (34)
- how about scalloped potatoes or a tater salad? [NT] - Nan - 1:17pm on 12/17/08
- What about a hash brown potato casserole? - Stephanie-Oh - 2:25pm on 12/17/08
- Great idea Stephanie. Rec: Party Potatoes aka Hash Brown Casserole - Pat-NoCal - 6:19pm on 12/17/08
- Another great one is this Elegant Scalloped Potatoe recipe, at the link [NT] [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 6:24pm on 12/17/08
- potatoes :o) [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 6:25pm on 12/17/08
- I 2nd these...they are delish! [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 6:18am on 12/19/08
- The hash brown idea is starting to grow on me...how many will this serve?(NT) [NT] - Kathleen - 12:57am on 12/18/08
- oops, sorry, I believe 10-12 svgs. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 2:01am on 12/18/08
- How about sliced turkey or ham with buns, and then finger food - emtd - 2:42pm on 12/17/08
- We had a mashed potato bar at the Senior Center (should work for kids also). they served the mashed - aajay - 2:44pm on 12/17/08
- Just as soon as I stop giggling, I promise I'll think about your problem. [NT] - MarilynFL - 3:56pm on 12/17/08
- Been there & sure know that furniture. Ours is all white , or rather, it used to be. The adults - Marg CDN - 4:30pm on 12/17/08
- Marg, I love your clarification on who's lap to eat off of! : ) [NT] - barb_b - 5:27pm on 12/17/08
- The whipping cream works great. My cousin does hers with just whipping cream & crumbled bleu cheese [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 5:28pm on 12/17/08
- Only serve food that bounces... [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 5:10pm on 12/17/08
- I'm thinking oatmeal. With a side of oatmeal. [NT] - MarilynFL - 5:17pm on 12/17/08
- Can you add another dining room? - Angiebaby - 5:56pm on 12/17/08
- "your husband will let you into his inner circle again" ha--love that! [NT] - AngAk - 7:50pm on 12/17/08
- Thanks for all the ideas....my boys would LOVE a meal in which all the food bounces... - Kathleen - 6:19pm on 12/17/08
- That's the attitude, missy. You've looped back to the idea of why you're having it. Have fun! [NT] - MarilynFL - 6:34pm on 12/17/08
- Absolutely. Corn pudding sounds perfect. Wish you were closer so I could send you some chairs. [NT] - Marg CDN - 7:20pm on 12/17/08
- Well, how in the heck do I know where you are? You could be next door. Hey, is that you? - Marg CDN - 7:21pm on 12/17/08
- We are in Minnesota just outside Minneapolis so a bit far for the chairs.... - Kathleen - 7:40pm on 12/17/08
- My mom's in Bloomington, Sis in Apple Valley... - Michael in Sarasota - 8:54pm on 12/17/08
- so sweet to offer for them. However, I am feeling more and more confident I can manage (NT) [NT] - Kathleen - 9:47pm on 12/17/08
- That's what I love about this place! [NT] - LisainLA - 5:08am on 12/24/08
- My favorite parties are standing. It helps keep conversation casual and ongoing... - Traca - 9:45pm on 12/17/08
- TV trays are great for scattering about to set drinks and dishes on. cover them with small cloths-- - AngAk - 10:12pm on 12/17/08
- Kathleen, I really like the corn pudding idea. If you really feel a need for potatoes, - Joe - 3:46am on 12/18/08
- How about oven roasted french fries and sweet potato fries? As long as you'll have bbq sauce spots - Michael in Sarasota - 6:37pm on 12/17/08
- If you have one or could borrow one, a big roaster would bake and hold the potatoes easily. and - AngAk - 7:43pm on 12/17/08
- a table for kids: 2 1"x6"s on concrete blocks.... - DJM - 7:58pm on 12/17/08
- I'd still go weith the baked potatoes - you can do them in your oven and - LisainLA - 8:09pm on 12/17/08
- For this many people, unless you are a Rockerfeller or plan to rent a tent and furniture - Heather_in_SF - 5:53am on 12/18/08