Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
CactusSue...could you post the recipes for the lime cookies & banana ice cream?
Joined: Jan 11, 2007
Posted to Thread #13125 at 5:24 pm on Dec 19, 2008
Thanks for the review! I totally need to get that Tartine book.
My experience with the Dorrie Greenspan book has been lackluster (to the point that I wish I never bought it.) I know everyone raves about it but from what I can see is, her most successful recipes were the ones from her days with Pierre Hermes.
I have a Passion for Baking but haven't made anything from that. Any suggestions?
You can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do
something about its depth. - M
Other messages in this thread:
- 13125. Baking Books hit parade...what are your favorites? - Traca - 12:19am on 12/19/08 (26)
- PS. Check out Peabody's beautiful photos of those Peppermint Shortbread Bark. WOW! [NT] [LINK] - Traca - 12:20am on 12/19/08
- the Julia Child "Baking with Julia" series book. [NT] - AngAk - 12:38am on 12/19/08
- Regan Daley's In the Sweet Kitchen and Carole Walter's Great Cookies [LINK] - Shaun in TO - 12:39am on 12/19/08
- Shaun, I've tried a couple recipes from Dolce Italiano and loved them both: - Traca - 1:18am on 12/19/08
- Shaun these are two of my favorites too! I have had great success with - Barbara in VA - 1:33pm on 12/19/08
- Daley's gingerbread soufflé with white chocolate crème anglaise is absolute heaven. [NT] - Shaun in TO - 2:42pm on 12/19/08
- Haven't tried that one yet! Guess I'll have to give it a try over the holidays - Barbara in VA - 5:20pm on 12/19/08
- Anything by Alice Medrich: Bittersweet, Cocolat, Cookies and Brownies, Chocolate & rt of lowfat des [NT] - Meryl - 12:44am on 12/19/08
- (art of lowfat desserts) [NT] - Meryl - 12:48am on 12/19/08
- The Williams-Sonoma Collection: Muffins [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 12:49am on 12/19/08
- The Williams-Sonoma Collection: Dessert [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 12:57am on 12/19/08
- Anyone try this one yet? The Sweeter Side of Amy's Bread: Cakes, Cookies, Bars, Pastries and More [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 1:22am on 12/19/08
- "Kaffeehaus"-Rick Rodgers, "Festive Baking"-Sarah Iaia... - Richard in Cincy - 5:16am on 12/19/08
- I second Kaffeehaus! And any of Nick Malgerie's books. [NT] - Music City Missy - 3:59pm on 12/19/08
- I have Kaffeehaus. Looks like I need to spend some quality time with it. Any favorite - Traca - 5:25pm on 12/19/08
- I know I'm not going to spell it right but I love the Milchrahmstrudel!!!!! - Music City Missy - 1:46am on 12/20/08
- Oh No..I own every book on your list Traca! New Year's Resolution...NO MORE COOKBOOKS in 2009!! - CactusSue - 5:11pm on 12/19/08
- CactusSue...could you post the recipes for the lime cookies & banana ice cream? - Traca - 5:24pm on 12/19/08
- Rec: Tart Lime Wafers by Nick Malgeri - CactusSue - 6:30pm on 12/19/08
- Rec: Banana Pecan Piloncillo Ice Cream from Baked: New Frontiers in Baking - CactusSue - 6:39pm on 12/19/08
- Traca - I'll go thru my Marcy book and pick out the highlights. Sorry about Dorie's book.. - CactusSue - 6:52pm on 12/19/08
- Thanks! I agree...I tried 3 or 4 recipes from Dorrie's book and none were particularly - Traca - 7:16pm on 12/19/08
- Wow - wonder how many other's go to press under rushed circumstances. By the way, - CactusSue - 7:43pm on 12/19/08
- The backstory behind books is fascinating. My friend is a ghost writer for chefs and she says - Traca - 8:16pm on 12/19/08
- "A Passion for Baking" by Marcy Goldman. Her recipes work! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 5:30pm on 12/19/08
- 2nd vote for Sherry Yard - Earnie - 7:22pm on 12/19/08