Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
For your ham
Joined: Feb 5, 2007
Posted to Thread #13182 at 7:59 pm on Dec 23, 2008
So sorry to hear about your troubles!! :(
This should be quick and easy. Hope everything works out ok. Prayers!
Artichoke and Ham Strata
3 English muffins, split and quartered
1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
1 cup chopped lean ham (about 4 ounces)
1/2 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives (I used scallions)
1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
3 large garlic cloves, minced
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 (12 ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk
3 large eggs
3 large egg whites
(I used four eggs and skipped the whites)
Arrange muffin pieces, crust sides down, in an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray; drizzle with butter.
Arrange ham and next 4 ingredients (ham through garlic) over muffin pieces.
Combine nutmeg and remaining ingredients (I also whisked in a tablespoon of dijon mustard) in a bowl; stir well with a whisk. Pour over muffin mixture. Cover; chill 8 hours or overnight.
Bake in oven preheated to 375 for 50-55 minutes, or until set. Let it rest for 10 minutes and serve warm.
Recipe Zaar #161796/Cooking Light March 2006
Other messages in this thread:
- 13182. Maybe there was a 6th sense keeping me from really planning Christmas - family being rushed here - Music City Missy - 7:48pm on 12/23/08 (15)
- For your ham - MoNJ - 7:59pm on 12/23/08
- Old fashioned beef vegetable soup & corn bread/corn muffins? Chicken & dumplings? - Melissa Dallas - 8:00pm on 12/23/08
- I'm with Melissa...a big pot of chili, soup, stew...serve yourself as hunger directs. [NT] - Glennis_NoCA - 8:41pm on 12/23/08
- Stock up on ham and turkey slices for holiday-esque sandwiches. [NT] - desertjean - 8:44pm on 12/23/08
- Comfort Food.... - barb_b - 9:57pm on 12/23/08
- "Best laid plans...." I like Melissa's soup and corn bread muffins -- - PatBastrop - 10:30pm on 12/23/08
- Gifts AFTER Christmas are always welcomed. [NT] - MarilynFL - 10:46pm on 12/23/08
- Sorry to hear that, Melissa. Who is it that is sick? Thoughts and prayers your way. [NT] - DawnNYS - 4:19am on 12/24/08
- Ditto to soups, sammies, and easy foods - and gifts after the big day are great! Then they can be - LisainLA - 4:39am on 12/24/08
- Mel, my gratin would only work at home, it that comes up, it's a great crowd pleaser, but - Joe - 5:45am on 12/24/08
- It's my uncle's wife that is sick and first meals were delivered last night.... - Music City Missy - 4:10pm on 12/24/08
- (((Missy))) You are a guardian angel! [NT] - LisainLA - 4:44pm on 12/24/08
- Amen to that, sister. [NT] - MarilynFL - 3:23am on 12/25/08
- Missy, your kindness is truly a blessing. [NT] - Sylvia - 2:45am on 12/28/08
- That's the true spirit of Christmas. Family cookbook can wait, I'm sure they'll - DawnNYS - 3:24pm on 12/28/08