Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Music City Missy||
It's my uncle's wife that is sick and first meals were delivered last night....
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #13182 at 4:10 pm on Dec 24, 2008
she got her and started improving so for the first time in about two weeks my uncle and their youngest son left her side (rest of the family is still in Mississippi - sick and with young children) to go across the street and get her a Krispy Kreme donut that she asked for.
I took two large tupperware plates with assorted foods hoping to hit on something that would appeal to my uncle who's been so worried he hasn't been eating - turnip greens, ropa vieja, enchilda casserole, fried chicken wings, ham and potato gratin, ham slices, Irish beef and stout pie over mashed potatoes (mostly things I had frozen in individual portions)
She didn't sleep well but is feeling better and actually ate breakfast(she's been on breathing machine and being fed through tube until now). She loves my pappa e pomodoro soup and Gretchen's sausage and corn chowder so I have everything set to make those - one today and one tomorrow. Thanks to whoever suggested the thermos of soup - I wasn't thinking clearly and didn't think about the soups until I read your posts.
As for the rest of the family, especially the stepsons, they are going to live with whatever I feel like doing. I do have the half of my large thanksgiving turkey thawing and will roast that but I'm just going to take it easy and relax - thanks to you all. I thought Christmas meal had to be traditional with ALL the trimmings but I was wrong.
Other messages in this thread:
- 13182. Maybe there was a 6th sense keeping me from really planning Christmas - family being rushed here - Music City Missy - 7:48pm on 12/23/08 (15)
- For your ham - MoNJ - 7:59pm on 12/23/08
- Old fashioned beef vegetable soup & corn bread/corn muffins? Chicken & dumplings? - Melissa Dallas - 8:00pm on 12/23/08
- I'm with Melissa...a big pot of chili, soup, stew...serve yourself as hunger directs. [NT] - Glennis_NoCA - 8:41pm on 12/23/08
- Stock up on ham and turkey slices for holiday-esque sandwiches. [NT] - desertjean - 8:44pm on 12/23/08
- Comfort Food.... - barb_b - 9:57pm on 12/23/08
- "Best laid plans...." I like Melissa's soup and corn bread muffins -- - PatBastrop - 10:30pm on 12/23/08
- Gifts AFTER Christmas are always welcomed. [NT] - MarilynFL - 10:46pm on 12/23/08
- Sorry to hear that, Melissa. Who is it that is sick? Thoughts and prayers your way. [NT] - DawnNYS - 4:19am on 12/24/08
- Ditto to soups, sammies, and easy foods - and gifts after the big day are great! Then they can be - LisainLA - 4:39am on 12/24/08
- Mel, my gratin would only work at home, it that comes up, it's a great crowd pleaser, but - Joe - 5:45am on 12/24/08
- It's my uncle's wife that is sick and first meals were delivered last night.... - Music City Missy - 4:10pm on 12/24/08
- (((Missy))) You are a guardian angel! [NT] - LisainLA - 4:44pm on 12/24/08
- Amen to that, sister. [NT] - MarilynFL - 3:23am on 12/25/08
- Missy, your kindness is truly a blessing. [NT] - Sylvia - 2:45am on 12/28/08
- That's the true spirit of Christmas. Family cookbook can wait, I'm sure they'll - DawnNYS - 3:24pm on 12/28/08