Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
LOL! Well...there's a funny story about that...
Joined: Jan 11, 2007
Posted to Thread #13375 at 2:22 am on Jan 12, 2009
When I first moved to Seattle, I was wide-eyed and straight from Peoria (seriously). I was so excited to have my very first Starbucks experience. Then, standing in line in an affluent part of town, I listened to everyone in front of me rattle off their long orders. Overwhelmed and undecided, I walked up to the counter and was too intimidated to order. I asked the beaming barista for a "Coke." She was very unsympathetic and said, "We don't sell that here. The grocery store is across the street." I was too embarrased to figure something else out, and left...no drink in hand.
Determined to overcome my fear, I actually got a job at Starbucks! At the time, they sent us to the headquarters for 5 days of training. We learned not only how to make drinks, but about the different varieties of coffee (no prebagged stuff at that time), and how to sell the various coffee machines.
You can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do
something about its depth. - M
Other messages in this thread:
- 13375. I just bought an espresso machine. Any suggestions, comments, hints? - DawnNYS - 12:37pm on 01/11/09 (16)
- Fill the basket with espresso grind coffee, fill the base up to but not covering - charlie - 1:20pm on 01/11/09
- The stove top-type takes a coarser grind than a countertop espresso machine... - Traca - 9:06pm on 01/11/09
- OK Traca--put on the pot and I'll bring the Sambuca--Truth be told; we use Madaglia d'oro in our - charlie - 11:12pm on 01/11/09
- LOL! Well...there's a funny story about that... - Traca - 2:22am on 01/12/09
- You've come a long way, baby! [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 3:09am on 01/12/09
- Traca, I love reading your posts. You've indeed come a long way and I really admire how - Curious1 - 1:33pm on 01/12/09
- Awww...I'm blushing! You made my day. Thank you! [NT] - Traca - 8:11pm on 01/12/09
- I know you meant this as a joke, charlie, but I need to know... are there different - DawnNYS - 4:34pm on 01/12/09
- Charlie will have an excellent answer, but pardon me if I barge in. YES, there are different grades - Shaun in TO - 6:08pm on 01/12/09
- I agree with Shaun that there are many grades. My family always bought supermarket grade... - charlie - 7:16pm on 01/12/09
- Shaun...great response! Here's an article: 10 Ways to Judge Good and Bad Coffee [LINK] - Traca - 8:09pm on 01/12/09
- Thanks - off to my local, uh, grocery store or coffee shop, wherever it is I end up! l ;o) [NT] - DawnNYS - 12:26pm on 01/13/09
- One other thing about stovetop espresso makers ... - Shaun in TO - 1:10pm on 01/13/09
- If anyone wants a hint on a french press--use coarser ground coffee so you don't have as much sludge - AngAk - 8:01pm on 01/13/09
- Thanks - I wonder why that is, Shaun. Good thing I know, though, was only - DawnNYS - 5:11am on 01/15/09
- And thanks for your tip too, Ang. I have a French press hiding somewhere - DawnNYS - 5:14am on 01/15/09