Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
NLB's Peppermint Twist Cheesecake with a couple modifications:
Joined: Mar 10, 2006
Posted to Thread #13418 at 9:31 pm on Jan 13, 2009
1) I folded 3 ounces of Ghirardelli's mint chocolate wafers, chopped, into the batter before baking.
2) I increased the sugar in the sour cream topping from 3 Tbsp to 4 Tbsp.
3) I used a 10-inch-diameter cheesecake pan which I wrapped in 2 thicknesses of heavy duty foil so I could bake it in a hot bain marie @ 325 degrees F until the center registered 145 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer (about 65 minutes).
4) I removed the cheesecake from the oven, added the sour cream topping and returned the cake (still in its bain marie) to a 375-degree oven for 8 minutes.
5) Removed the cheesecake from the oven again and kept it in the bain marie as it sat cooling on a cake rack for 45 minutes.
6) Took the cheesecake out of the water bath so it could continue to cool on the cake rack for another 3 or 4 hours to reach room temperature.
7) Refrigerated the cheesecake overnight before serving. I garnished each slice with crushed peppermint stick candy canes.
This was EXCELLENT! Thank you, nlb! My family and I loved it.
Other messages in this thread:
- 13418. Didn't have 2 cook 4 my family @ Xmas this yr, but here's the menu I made 4 my side in 2007==> - wigs - 8:51pm on 01/13/09 (22)
- REC: Piggyback Shrimp - wigs - 8:55pm on 01/13/09
- REC: Pork Loin with Herb Rub from a friend, Kathryn Glover [NT] [LINK] - wigs - 8:56pm on 01/13/09
- REC: Confetti Mashed Potatoes - wigs - 9:02pm on 01/13/09
- REC: Four-Cheese Spinach Macaroni--Had to have 2 starches to fill up 17-yr-old nephew who runs XC! - wigs - 9:13pm on 01/13/09
- REC: Broccoli and Walnuts - wigs - 9:14pm on 01/13/09
- NLB's Peppermint Twist Cheesecake with a couple modifications: - wigs - 9:31pm on 01/13/09
- REC: Baby Bleu Salad [NT] [LINK] - wigs - 9:34pm on 01/13/09
- Isn't this salad wonderful? I made it this week, posted about it up at #13411. Loved it. [NT] - Curious1 - 10:14pm on 01/14/09
- I didn't even notice you'd posted it! What a coincidence. I got it from taking a class in 2001-- - wigs - 2:53pm on 01/15/09
- Thanks for the hint about the raspberry vinegar. Would be a little less sweet, also, not a bad thing [NT] - Curious1 - 9:32pm on 01/15/09
- REC: Pumpkin Pie with Candied Ginger - wigs - 9:45pm on 01/13/09
- 9) Christmas Bars [LINK] - wigs - 9:53pm on 01/13/09
- Chocolate Cordial Cups [NT] [LINK] - wigs - 9:55pm on 01/13/09
- Disappearing Marshmallow Brownies - wigs - 10:00pm on 01/13/09
- wigs, post a link to this in T&T menus----lovely spread and recipes. [NT] - AngAk - 11:10pm on 01/13/09
- AngAk--Got everything set up in T&T Menus & am so proud all my indentations are right there! LOL [NT] - wigs - 3:55pm on 01/15/09
- REC: Mexican Wedding Cakes with a bit of a different flavoring than the usual. - wigs - 1:35pm on 01/14/09
- Forgot to mention that I like to use a special powdered sugar for these cookies that can be found at [LINK] - wigs - 2:55pm on 01/15/09
- mmm... I've heard of that before! I'm going to see if my cake supply shop sells it. [NT] - cheezz - 5:07am on 01/16/09
- thanks wigs. this is just what I needed for the shortbread linzer hearts I make. the regular - AngAk - 6:33pm on 01/16/09
- REC: Salted Nut Bars--You taste sweet & salty in each bite! - wigs - 5:01pm on 01/14/09