Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Yes, Michael, I mean YOU, and at 69, my backpacking days are long gone...
Joined: Apr 10, 2006
Posted to Thread #13520 at 5:13 am on Jan 25, 2009
DH and I could barely stand the flight to and from Europe to visit Italy a few years ago. I would give my eye teeth to have been so wise at 19 to do what you did. Organized travel trips for our age group are not very adventurous, geared to shopping, shopping, shopping. Maybe there's a private tour planner who can map out a unique trip for older citizens like us, who would like to have the adventures you enjoyed, but who don't backpack or sleep in hostels? Anyway, perhaps this will come to be. Thanks for your thoughts, Marianne
"A brandy for the Chef!"
Other messages in this thread:
- 13520. What is the difference between Mexican and Greek oregano? - EvaN - 9:10am on 01/23/09 (13)
- From Penzey's site: Oregano [LINK] - MarilynFL - 12:51pm on 01/23/09
- You can. The flavors are pretty different but even down here in Tex-Mex heaven I never - Melissa Dallas - 1:14pm on 01/23/09
- I have to go to a Middle Eastern deli/bakery to get greek oregano. I use it for... - Michael in Phoenix - 1:26pm on 01/23/09
- The basic McCormick's spice stand in our grocers is titled "Mediterranean Oregano". I have to go to - MarilynFL - 2:16pm on 01/23/09
- I remember hiking around the villages on the south shore of Crete when I was... - Michael in Phoenix - 11:08pm on 01/23/09
- Help! How can I make a trip to see/do all these wonderful food/travel things that you describe? [NT] - Marianne - 2:25am on 01/24/09
- If you mean ME, I was 19 when I did the "backpack thing" in Europe. 3 months of ... - Michael in Phoenix - 4:18am on 01/24/09
- Yes, Michael, I mean YOU, and at 69, my backpacking days are long gone... - Marianne - 5:13am on 01/25/09
- Here in Arizona I find the Mexican oregano in cellophane pkgs - BobbiJoAZ - 12:45am on 01/24/09
- Yeah, the mexican oregano is reasonably priced. I buy the cello bags for... - Michael in Phoenix - 4:16am on 01/24/09
- I have a friend that swears by Cuban oregano, and grows it himself. 'Not sure what the difference - DawnNYS - 4:51pm on 01/24/09
- Cuban oregano is in my garden if the frost hasn't killed it. Lime green very thick leaves - Marsha tbay - 6:39pm on 01/24/09
- I have some that is called Italian Oregano. I think it's a lot better than the Greek for pots, it - Curious1 - 10:02pm on 01/24/09