Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Shaun in TO||
Julia Child's tip for prepping the pan ...
Joined: Mar 12, 2006
Posted to Thread #13663 at 7:31 pm on Feb 3, 2009
She browns her butter, but you could simply melt butter. Mix 1 tbsp melted butter with 1-1/2 tbsp flour. Then use a pastry brush to paint this mixture into the molds. The madeleines will never stick.
Her recipe in The Way to Cook is the one I always use--never fail, classic, can't go wrong.
Other messages in this thread:
- 13663. Anyone have a good recipe for madeleines? [NT] - Meryl - 5:33pm on 02/03/09 (18)
- Rec: Chocolate Chip Shells - Pat-NoCal - 6:16pm on 02/03/09
- Rec: Corn Madeleines - Pat-NoCal - 6:17pm on 02/03/09
- These go great with soup, or chili. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 6:59pm on 02/03/09
- Thanks, Pat. Do you also have a more traditional recipe, ie, plain ones with just flour, butter, - Meryl - 6:22pm on 02/03/09
- Rec: Lemon Madeleines One of my all-time faves... - Pat-NoCal - 6:23pm on 02/03/09
- Thanks! This sounds great! [NT] - Meryl - 6:32pm on 02/03/09
- It's very good. I once was asked to make them regularly for a particular restaurant I - Pat-NoCal - 6:37pm on 02/03/09
- Another all-time favorite. Rec: Pumpkin Madeleines - Pat-NoCal - 6:38pm on 02/03/09
- Rec: Madeleines [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 6:44pm on 02/03/09
- Pat, do you remember which one you liked better, the Lemon Madeleines or the ones from Bon Appetit? [NT] - Meryl - 6:56pm on 02/03/09
- they're both good but I like the Lemon Mad with the addition of zest and - Pat-NoCal - 6:58pm on 02/03/09
- Okay thanks! I have a madeleine pan in my shopping cart at Amazon - will order it later today! I - Meryl - 7:05pm on 02/03/09
- Ina Garten made these Coconut Madeleines recently and they looked really good. - AngAk - 7:17pm on 02/03/09
- These sound good! Thanks, Ang! [NT] - Meryl - 7:27pm on 02/03/09
- From Tish Boyle REC: Bittersweet Chocolate Madeleines... - charlie - 7:30pm on 02/03/09
- Julia Child's tip for prepping the pan ... - Shaun in TO - 7:31pm on 02/03/09
- Another from Tish Boyle REC: Orange Almond Madeleines... - charlie - 7:32pm on 02/03/09
- Thanks, everyone. :) [NT] - Meryl - 2:41am on 02/04/09