Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Buttermilk Cornbread
Joined: Dec 11, 2005
Posted to Thread #170 at 3:54 am on Dec 20, 2005
Here's my recipe. It's much moister if you make with real buttermilk instead of souring milk with vinegar. If you don't like a 'sweet' cornbread, cut the sugar in half or omit completely.
I bake this in a cast iron skillet that has been heated in the oven with butter, then a tbs of flour stirred in the hot melted butter just before pouring the batter in.
1 c cornmeal
1 c flour
1/4 c sugar
1 tbs baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/4 cooking oil
1 - 1 1/2 c buttermilk
Mix dry ingredients in bowl then add egg, oil and buttermilk. Pour into pan and bake at 425 degrees 20 - 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
Do not overbake.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
Other messages in this thread:
- 170. ISO: Cornbread Recipe - Misplaced in AZ - 12:19am on 12/20/05 (7)
- REC: Corn Spoonbread - deb-in-MI - 12:43am on 12/20/05
- Spoonbread - Misplaced in AZ - 3:18am on 12/20/05
- REC: Buttermilk Cornbread - GayleMO - 3:54am on 12/20/05
- Thanks Gayle. - Misplaced in AZ - 7:03pm on 12/20/05
- Hope this works for you, Misplaced. I usually make a double batch. My DH will eat half - GayleMO - 7:03am on 12/21/05
- Moist Cornbread >>>> - Meryl - 8:22am on 12/21/05
- Thanks Meryl. Guess I'll have to make one of each. LOL nt [NT] - Misplaced in AZ - 7:59pm on 12/21/05