Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I think you're being too hard on yourself. If your cholestrol, etc is good why not eat what you
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #13686 at 2:33 pm on Feb 5, 2009
enjoy for breakfast and just cut back a bit on butter, cream cheese, etc and perhaps whole milk on the oatmeal instead of half and half, lol?
They say if you can do something for three weeks, it becomes acceptable. I did that putting 1% milk in my coffee instead of a higher fat milk/cream. I just couldn't get rid of the sugar, although I have cut it down to 1 1/2 t per about 10 oz cup. And since my coffee is half milk, the 1% milk made a big difference. (okay, I don't really like coffee and actually give it up completely months at a time)
You could do fruit and yogurt for lunch if you get hungry. I also eat a lot of cheese, butter, cream, etc and have excellent cholestrol, etc readings. As you say, good genes. Unfortunately, I have some not so good genes in other areas, lol.
I know what you mean about yogurt and non-fat, etc. I hate artificial sweetener in anything. When I discovered the Activia plain yogurt that is low fat, not non-fat, it was a revelation. I can eat it by the spoonful, but really enjoy it mixed with a little of their vanilla yogurt on strawberries and other fruits. I think it is more filling than the non-fat, and certainly tastes better.
Congratulations on the excercise. You sound as though you're managing quite well.
Other messages in this thread:
- 13686. My name is Dawn and I am a fat-aholic. Sitting here this morning I looked down at - DawnNYS - 6:40pm on 02/04/09 (10)
- Make your own Yogurt Dawn. Several years ago while watching - orchid - 9:47pm on 02/04/09
- Dawn, type in breakfast in the upper right hand corner at this link [LINK] - Sandy_in_Philly - 10:11pm on 02/04/09
- Oh yeah, I remember reading this issue that lists many [NT] [LINK] - Sandy_in_Philly - 10:17pm on 02/04/09
- Better yet, see this link [NT] [LINK] - Sandy_in_Philly - 11:27pm on 02/04/09
- Here is one I like for breakfast, and you could add more protein in the - Dawn_MO - 10:55pm on 02/04/09
- my standard every single day... yogurt, fruit and chopped almonds - cheezz - 12:55am on 02/05/09
- I think you're being too hard on yourself. If your cholestrol, etc is good why not eat what you - Curious1 - 2:33pm on 02/05/09
- That's true... I do have to watch the sugar and carbs though. Having - DawnNYS - 5:57pm on 02/05/09
- Thanks everyone! Especially love the links at Saveur. Great ideas there. [NT] - DawnNYS - 5:58pm on 02/05/09
- Dawn, here is a book I just ordered, I was told this will help and start a healthy life change - dianncy1964 - 8:02pm on 02/05/09