Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Michael in Phoenix||
My recipe for Egg Flower Soup
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #13729 at 4:23 am on Feb 9, 2009
Egg Flower Soup
2 quarts (8 cups) chicken broth (I use Swanson low salt)
3 green onions (cut in 2-inch lengths)
1 inch piece of fresh ginger (cut in 1/8 inch slices)
6 sprigs cilantro
2 cloves garlic, peeled, trimmed, sliced
1 tbsp. sesame oil
2 tbsp. soy sauce
Freshly ground pepper to taste
5 tbsp. corn starch, dissolved in 5 tbsp. water
5 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 green onion, sliced on the bias for garnish
Bring broth to a boil. Add onions, ginger, cilantro, garlic, sesame oil, soy sauce, and pepper. Return to very slow simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Strain broth into 3 quart sauce pan. Discard solids.
Bring just to boiling. Stir broth in a circle until a vortex forms. Pour beaten eggs into broth in a steady stream.
Add 1/2 of cornstarch slurry, stirring as you go. Return to slow simmer, allowing the soup to thicken, and test consistency. Add more slurry if you like a thicker soup.
Adjust seasoning, adding more soy sauce (or salt) if needed.
Ladle into bowls; garnish with green onions.
Human liberty is about courage, dignity, eternal truths, and personal responsibility. Star Parker
Other messages in this thread:
- 13729. My recipe for Egg Flower Soup - Michael in Phoenix - 4:23am on 02/09/09 (5)
- Sounds good- all I need to buy is cilantro! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 6:19pm on 02/09/09
- It's good even w/o the cilantro! [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 7:36pm on 02/09/09
- I'll try it this weekend! Thanks [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 9:40pm on 02/09/09
- We loved the soup! (I substituted parsley for the cilantro - EvaN - 7:49pm on 02/13/09
- Glad you liked it Eva. Hope your throat feels better very soon. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 8:14pm on 02/13/09