Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Good to know! I'll be near a TJ's on Tuesday...
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #13794 at 7:54 pm on Feb 15, 2009
not cooking until Thursday. Am making this for a friend that has a round of chemo every three weeks. And every three weeks I bring her and her husband a meal. They'll love this!
Other messages in this thread:
- 13794. ISO: Please recommend what type of red wine I should use in Coq au Vin - deb-in-MI - 12:55pm on 02/15/09 (15)
- I recently made this recipe and used merlot, one of the suggested ones. It was very good, better [LINK] - Curious1 - 1:56pm on 02/15/09
- was going to say burgundy, since you don't have red on hand, but last time I used zinfindel and it - Nan - 2:24pm on 02/15/09
- Zinfandel was the other suggested in the recipe. [NT] - Curious1 - 2:26pm on 02/15/09
- wine for coq au vin - BonnieinHolland - 5:41pm on 02/15/09
- Me too, I like a dry white wine in there most times too. We are renegades... - DawnNYS - 5:57pm on 02/15/09
- I have only had coq au vin in Burgundy once, and it was made with white wine. [NT] - Joe - 6:51pm on 02/15/09
- wow, I would have never tried white. I learn something new here all the time. [NT] - AngAk - 7:32am on 02/17/09
- Joe, you had coc au vin in France, and they made it with white wine?! Isn't that - DawnNYS - 10:22pm on 02/18/09
- LOL, the only blasphemy would be using a non-Burgundy wine.They kick you out of the country for that - Joe - 10:34pm on 02/18/09
- Thank you! Your answers are extremely helpful... - deb-in-MI - 6:17pm on 02/15/09
- Deb, Trader Joe's has a French Cotes de Rhone for $4.99 that I always use for Coq au Vin and Beef - Joe - 6:50pm on 02/15/09
- Good to know! I'll be near a TJ's on Tuesday... - deb-in-MI - 7:54pm on 02/15/09
- I agree with you on the oaky-ness! If I wanted tannin, I could chew raw acorns. . . (nt) [NT] - mistral - 8:02pm on 02/15/09
- LOL!! I feel this way about Swiss chard as well. just can't eat it. [NT] - AngAk - 7:30am on 02/17/09
- You know, I like it, but I can understand where you're coming from. I don't want it too often. [NT] - Curious1 - 1:22pm on 02/17/09