Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
REC: Moroccan Orange Salad
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #13802 at 9:00 pm on Feb 15, 2009
4 large seedless navel oranges
2 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tsp Raz el Hanout (Moroccan spice blend of allspice, green cardamom, turmeric, cayenne, cinnamon, cloves, mace, nutmeg, black pepper)
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1. Grate rind from 1 orange with a zester. Remove peel and pith from all oranges. Slice oranges into 1⁄2-inch-thick round slices; place in a small mixing bowl with zest.
2. Combine remaining ingredients in another small bowl. Pour dressing over oranges and toss carefully. Arrange orange slices on salad plates and garnish with fresh cilantro.
I'm serviing this with pumpkin-apple-cheddar soup, baked chicken, and I haven't decided the rest.
But this salad is killer!
Other messages in this thread:
- 13802. REC: Moroccan Orange Salad - Richard in Cincy - 9:00pm on 02/15/09 (4)
- And serve this for dessert: REC: Candied Orange Peel - Richard in Cincy - 9:03pm on 02/15/09
- Sounds terrific! And where does one find 'Raz el Hanout'?? [NT] - cheezz - 4:26am on 02/16/09
- You can make your own: Rec: Raz el Hanout [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 7:23am on 02/16/09
- Thanks Meryl!!! I'm going up to my sisters in a few weeks and we're going to try it. [NT] - cheezz - 7:47pm on 02/16/09