Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Michael in Phoenix||
Then-President Bush ate at a mexican restaurant in my area. They didn't ask me...
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #13812 at 9:54 pm on Feb 16, 2009
...'cause I would have sent him to a different one right down the street that's much better!
They renamed the enchilada plate he ordered "The Presidential Special".
One interesting thing this place does is coat their chile rellenos in a HUGE mound of beaten whites with beaten yolks folded in. The thing is about 6 inches thick. You can see it in the link in one of the photos. They broil it and get the top all brown. In fact, it's in the picture at the top of the menu. It's the one in the back.
Human liberty is about courage, dignity, eternal truths, and personal responsibility. Star Parker
Other messages in this thread:
- 13812. NFRC: They're clearing the airspace over my neighborhood for the President's arrival. - Michael in Phoenix - 9:48pm on 02/16/09 (14)
- Then-President Bush ate at a mexican restaurant in my area. They didn't ask me... [LINK] - Michael in Phoenix - 9:54pm on 02/16/09
- Would have hated being on Air Force One after that meal. [NT] - Michael in Sarasota - 11:33am on 02/17/09
- I wonder if the restaurant was chosen for security reasons? Or political connections, lol. [NT] - Curious1 - 1:30pm on 02/17/09
- My husband ordered that relleno plate!! It's a HUGE plate of egg whites with chile strips under.. - CactusSue - 2:22pm on 02/17/09
- For basic, familiar mexican food, I would have sent him to Manuel's, about 2 miles east... [LINK] - Michael in Phoenix - 4:14pm on 02/17/09
- Thanks so much Michael - I'm going to try it out! Your recommendations sound - CactusSue - 4:36pm on 02/17/09
- I've watched women makes these at Rancho de Chimayo. They use their hands to - MarilynFL - 7:32pm on 02/17/09
- HAH! - magnoliainchicago - 1:40am on 02/17/09
- A family we're close to here in AZ are personal friends of President Bush (the elder) and his... - Michael in Phoenix - 2:29am on 02/17/09
- Magnolia! You've been away for a long time and I was thinking of you not too long ago. So good to - Sandy_in_Philly - 3:45am on 02/17/09
- ((magnolia)) Nice to "see" you here! Don't be a stranger..... [NT] - LisainLA - 3:53am on 02/17/09
- Magnolia! Great to see you! You know I have to ask....Did you coordinate your annual - barb_b - 1:40pm on 02/17/09