Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Michael in Naples||
I find that Tiramisu is always a favorite.
Joined: Dec 18, 2005
Posted to Thread #13823 at 7:45 pm on Feb 17, 2009
David Rosengarten's Basic Tiramisu
Recipe By :
Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:00
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
8 large eggs -- separate out yolks
1/3 cup sugar
1 pound mascarpone cheese
1 cup heavy cream
2 cups espresso coffee -- cooled
2/3 cup brandy
30 ladyfinger cookies
2 ounces bittersweet chocolate -- grated
dutch-process cocoa powder -- sifted
Mix the sugar into the egg yolks, blending well. Add a little Mascarpone at a time to the egg yolk mixture, and mix until smooth. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, beat the whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Set this aside as well.
In another bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
Fold the whipped cream into the egg yolk mixture, then fold in the beaten egg whites.
Spread about 1/3 of the cream mixture of a 4-6 quart glass baking dish or serving bowl.
Place expresso coffee in a large mixing bowl, and combine with the brandy.
Dip a lady finger into the expresso, lay it in baking dish on cream mixture.
Top with grated chocolate.
Continue in this manner, laying lady fingers side by side to cover the bottom. Place another 1/3 of cream mixture on top of soaked lady fingers.
Cover this with another layer of expresso-soaked lady fingers.
Top with remaining cream mixture and grated chocolate.
Dust final layer with grated chocolate and cocoa powder.
Chill 2 hours to set.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 469 Calories; 33g Fat (67.4% calories from fat); 10g Protein; 26g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 321mg Cholesterol; 124mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 6 Fat; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Other messages in this thread:
- 13823. ISO dessert ideas to bring to a dinner. - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 6:01pm on 02/17/09 (27)
- REC: Chestnut Honey-Baked Pears Stuffed with Mascarpone--this is light with lots of panache... - charlie - 6:15pm on 02/17/09
- Made this around Christmas and really liked it REC: Apple Crostada with Brown Butter Streusel... - charlie - 6:23pm on 02/17/09
- Something chocolate would be good, but of course I'm biased. But... the dinner is not too heavy, so - Meryl - 6:23pm on 02/17/09
- Would you post the raspberry cream pie? Thanks! [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 6:33pm on 02/17/09
- Here ya go: - Meryl - 6:42pm on 02/17/09
- Are you kidding me? < hides eyes > - LisainLA - 7:31pm on 02/17/09
- LOL - I know that feeling! [NT] - Meryl - 8:14pm on 02/17/09
- Printer is clacking away. Meryl, this sounds wonderful! Can't wait for the spring strawberry crop - wigs - 4:06pm on 02/18/09
- A nice chocolate mousse served in wine glasses with a dollop of whipped cream would fit the bill.Let - wigs - 4:07pm on 02/18/09
- I was thinking of that also - good idea! Which chocolate mousse recipe do you use? My favorite is - Meryl - 8:23pm on 02/18/09
- Yes, I might do this! Chocolate, light, easily portable. - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 9:13pm on 02/18/09
- REC for HobNob East Chocolate Mousse as posted in South Bend Tribune newspaper May 30, 1989! - wigs - 1:22pm on 02/19/09
- From Jamie Oliver & posted by GayR--REC: Almond & Polenta Cake...great stuff... - charlie - 6:26pm on 02/17/09
- Chocolate Fondue which you could place in a snall crock pot to keep - Mercy - 6:35pm on 02/17/09
- Hooray!! Our hero, SuperMeryl has come back from the grips of the evil kryptonite to save the day!! - dianncy1964 - 6:52pm on 02/17/09
- psst, it was Mercy. ;-) [NT] - LisainLA - 7:38pm on 02/17/09
- I saw the "M" and assumed~ Mercy the Choclate fondue is great~ I need to eat more carrots [NT] - dianncy1964 - 5:08am on 02/18/09
- Another idea: Gramma's Apple Bread Pudding - it's delicious! Recipe inside... [LINK] - Meryl - 6:36pm on 02/17/09
- I find that Tiramisu is always a favorite. - Michael in Sarasota - 7:45pm on 02/17/09
- Amanda you can replace the brandy with orange juice. [NT] - Michael in Sarasota - 7:47pm on 02/17/09
- I was going to suggest tiramisu as well. Here is my favorite>>> [NT] [LINK] - LisainLA - 7:55pm on 02/17/09
- Great minds and all that, Lisa! [NT] - Michael in Sarasota - 8:07pm on 02/17/09
- I was going to suggest "limoncello tiramisu". It's ethereal [LINK] [IMAGE] - MarilynFL - 8:27pm on 02/17/09
- Here's one from way back. I've loved it for years. Fits your criteria. REC:Pineapple Meringue Cake [NT] [LINK] - Marg CDN - 9:45pm on 02/17/09
- Your idea for trifle is good! SOOO many different ways to make it and it's so lovely in the dish. [NT] - cheezz - 5:10am on 02/18/09
- I love trifle. I love the combination of fruit and custard and cake. [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 3:27pm on 02/18/09
- Thanks for all the ideas. I'll let you know what I do...wish I could do several... [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 3:25pm on 02/18/09