Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Has anyone made Pull-Apart Apple Ring
Joined: Nov 22, 2008
Posted to Thread #13838 at 5:12 am on Feb 18, 2009
What additional toppings would you use for this? It mentions this in the last step. Can someone please clsrify this for me please? I am REALLY feeling dumn right now too. Reason I ask is cause I would like to take something simple but tasty to my Bible study class on Sunday. It needs to be simple and easy or it won't turn out. Thanks for the help.
Pull-Apart Apple Ring
Prep Time: 15 Min
Total Time: 55 Min
Makes: 10 servings
1/2 cup apple jelly
1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 large apple, peeled
2 (12-oz.) cans Pillsbury® Golden Layers® Refrigerated Biscuits
1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 12-cup fluted tube cake pan. Spoon apple jelly evenly over bottom of greased pan; sprinkle with walnuts. In small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon; set aside. Cut apple into quarters; remove core. Slice each quarter into 5 slices.
2. Separate dough into 20 biscuits; flatten each slightly. Wrap 1 biscuit around each apple slice; pinch edges to seal and completely cover apple slice. Dip each in margarine; roll in brown sugar-cinnamon mixture. Stand biscuits on end in greased pan. Drizzle with any remaining margarine; sprinkle with any remaining brown sugar-cinnamon mixture.
3. Bake at 350°F. for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool upright in pan 8 minutes; invert onto serving plate. Spoon any additional topping over baked ring. Serve warm.
Other messages in this thread:
- 13838. Has anyone made Pull-Apart Apple Ring [IMAGE] - Mercy - 5:12am on 02/18/09 (6)
- nope, but I'm going to! Sounds delicious and would be perfect my women's breakfast worship! [NT] - cheezz - 5:25am on 02/18/09
- I think they mean the goopy "topping" from the apple jelly and juices that would be left in - AngAk - 6:48pm on 02/18/09
- you mean like drizzled chocolate? Now I've got Meryl's attention :) [NT] - cheezz - 12:39am on 02/19/09
- You did - I was falling asleep at the keyboard! [NT] - Meryl - 12:47am on 02/19/09
- I'm thinking Caramel topping would go better, yeah, better than chocolate :O - AngAk - 1:21am on 02/19/09
- was kidding Ang :) Just wanted to keep Meryl on her toes [NT] - cheezz - 5:58am on 02/19/09