Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Can I make a chocolate ganache icing using white chocolate?
Joined: Nov 26, 2007
Posted to Thread #13959 at 4:31 am on Feb 27, 2009
Other messages in this thread:
- 13959. Can I make a chocolate ganache icing using white chocolate? [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 4:31am on 02/27/09 (10)
- Yes. I made a whipped one once for an apricot cake & it was really good. [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 1:18pm on 02/27/09
- Amanda, white chocolate burns quicker, so you just have to be careful with that aspect. - MarilynFL - 1:55pm on 02/27/09
- Ok, thanks! I think I'm going to make a chocolate bundt cake and do a white ganache icing. [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 3:19pm on 02/27/09
- If you haven't got a cake recipe in mind, try this one from the T&T: Heritage Chocolate Pound Cake [LINK] - LisainLA - 5:06pm on 02/27/09
- ...and remember: never add cold liquid to the hot chocolate = Seizing Disaster. Heat both together. [NT] - MarilynFL - 6:10pm on 02/27/09
- This one's outstanding: Chocolate Sour Cream Bundt Cake from Cook's Illustrated in T&T [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 7:42pm on 02/27/09
- Ok, I tried this and it so totally didn't work. Complete failure as a ganache. - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 12:29pm on 02/28/09
- Amanda, how about that fondant recipe with marshmallows that was a few threads ago? [NT] - cheezz - 5:39am on 03/01/09
- Amanda, this white chocolate glaze works nicely for me. [LINK] - AngAk - 7:13pm on 03/02/09
- You know, I have this recipe and completely forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me! [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 7:56pm on 03/02/09