Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Michael in Naples||
Joined: Dec 18, 2005
Posted to Thread #13980 at 3:00 pm on Mar 1, 2009
* Exported from MasterCook *
Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 each fresh peach -- for each person
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar -- *see Note
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 each lemon -- juiced
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Halve the peaches, remove pits. Drizzle with about 2 teaspoons of the lemon juice. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
In a small saucepan, combine vinegar, brown sugar, remaining lemon juice and black pepper.
Boil until reduced by about 1/2.
Spray cut sides of peaches with Pam and place cut-side down on a hot grill. Cover and cook for about 2 minutes, or until there are grill marks. Turn over and baste the cut sides with the vinegar mixture (fill the pit hole.) Cover and cook for about 3 more minutes, or until softened. This may take up to 10 minutes if the peaches are not fully ripe.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NOTES : Sherry, fig or any rich sweet vinegar can be used.
This can also be served for dessert with a good vanilla ice cream.
Other messages in this thread:
- 13980. Got balsamic??? Post your favorite recipes here. :o) [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 11:46pm on 02/28/09 (18)
- Rec: Balsamic Roast Pork Tenderloins - Pat-NoCal - 11:46pm on 02/28/09
- So how far are you from Bend --my friend? [NT] - charlie - 11:51pm on 02/28/09
- too-darned far...lol. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 11:55pm on 02/28/09
- Pat, would this be all right to marinate overnight? [NT] - KarenNoCA - 12:16am on 03/01/09
- Yes, I think you could do up to 12 hours or so, I wouldn't go 24 though. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 1:46am on 03/01/09
- that was in answer to your question, Karen. ;o) [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 1:46am on 03/01/09
- Rec: French Chicken in Vinegar Sauce - Pat-NoCal - 11:55pm on 02/28/09
- Rec: Grilled Steak Salad with Green Beans and Blue Cheese - Pat-NoCal - 11:59pm on 02/28/09
- Maple Glazed Balsamic Carrots - KC_ - 1:22am on 03/01/09
- Rec: Balsamic Roasted Pearl Onions & Cheese - orchid - 3:35am on 03/01/09
- This is an amazing sauce for a pork roast or steaks: REC: Port Cherry Reduction Sauce - Heather_in_SF - 6:05am on 03/01/09
- REC: Braised Chicken with Shallots, Garlic and Balsamic Vinegar - Heather_in_SF - 6:07am on 03/01/09
- Grilled Peaches - Michael in Sarasota - 3:00pm on 03/01/09
- Sorry, the subject should have been prefaced by "REC:" [NT] - Michael in Sarasota - 3:03pm on 03/01/09
- My favorite beyond all others is the famous cranberry and walnut salad you posted, Pat [LINK] - CathyZ from Kauai - 5:04pm on 03/01/09
- awww, nice! I'm so glad you like it. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 3:05am on 03/02/09
- thanks for this reminder. I love the dressing with just a touch of balsamic. [NT] - AngAk - 7:47pm on 03/02/09
- REC: Fennel with Balsamic Vinegar and Chestnut Honey [LINK] - Shaun in TO - 10:35pm on 03/03/09