Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Thanks to Cyn for the Roasted Kale...it's a definite keeper. The only thing...
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #14025 at 7:09 pm on Mar 4, 2009
I'll make more next time. I asked at the health food store if it would reduce in size and she insisted it wouldn't. So I cut about 6 or 7 large leaves into strips (about a third of the bunch), washed, spun, tossed with OO and roasted at the 250 temp for 35 minutes. The pieces lightly covered a large cookie sheet, but then completely collapsed to thin pieces. Ended up with one (I call them French cafe au lait) bowls of chips out of it. Tasty, but for the time, I'd make ALL of the kale at the same time. It was the dark, ruffly stuff, might be Lacinato (definitely different from the precut bag of kale at the grocery store.)
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 14025. Thanks to Cyn for the Roasted Kale...it's a definite keeper. The only thing... - MarilynFL - 7:09pm on 03/04/09 (11)
- I didn't notice much shrinkage but [IMAGE] - desertjean - 9:27pm on 03/04/09
- jean...mine were absolutely FLAT (like a very thin potato chip). How did you make yours? [NT] - MarilynFL - 9:51pm on 03/04/09
- I was pretty gentle with them - desertjean - 11:51pm on 03/04/09
- This is what mine looked like, too, Mar. I think everyone who trys it likes it! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 9:08am on 03/05/09
- so what did I do different? Hmmm, just realized that Larry was supposed to pull - MarilynFL - 6:15pm on 03/05/09
- Ya, Larry. Blame it on Larry. [NT] - Marg CDN - 8:16pm on 03/05/09
- It's in the marriage contract: Page 36, Sect. 15, Subsection 8, Paragraph 9. [NT] - MarilynFL - 9:59pm on 03/05/09
- oh right, I see it...Book 4, right? [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 10:02pm on 03/05/09
- i think it's only included in the new revised standard edition of book 4. [NT] - rvb - 11:35pm on 03/05/09
- I didin't do strips. It was almost like a chiffonade, but coarser. And it all turned out very - Marg CDN - 10:38pm on 03/04/09
- If you spun it, could that have broken it down before it hit the oven? [NT] - desertjean - 3:46am on 03/06/09