Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I made a "pi" today, a BLT pizza, but it's bacon-Leeks-tomato and boy was it good!
Joined: Dec 21, 2005
Posted to Thread #14133 at 12:27 am on Mar 15, 2009
I'm eating "linner" again, my main meal at around 3/4 pm that way I can have dessert at 7 and not feel the least bit guilty!
Anyway, about the pizza, it was terrific. I sauteed half of the largest leek I've ever seen on the planet with about 4 slices of diced bacon until everything was browned and caramelized and spread this on the pizza dough. Then came the mozzarella, I made a mistake at TJ's and bought burratta which has a cream filling in it, which was actually great on the pizza but a bit more cheesy goo than I'm used to - but wonderful! It was buffalo burratta, yum. For the tomatoes I used a batch of heirloom cherry tomatoes, green, orange, yello and red, sliced in half. So wonderful!
So, happy Pi day everyone!
<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/sfgal/3355045218/" title="BLT pizza by HeatherHAL, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3607/3355045218_e08fb72f17.jpg" width="500" height="375" alt="BLT pizza" /></a>
"Well-behaved women rarely make history."
Other messages in this thread:
- 14133. Everyone should make pie tomorrow for National Pi Day (3.14)! [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 7:32pm on 03/13/09 (10)
- They'll tell you pi r squared but in my experience, pie are round. What the !? [NT] - Steve2 in LA - 9:51pm on 03/13/09
- Heheh - I think you "area" right. Groan... [NT] - DawnNYS - 2:14pm on 03/14/09
- My students just look at me blankly when I say this (I teach 6th gr math) [NT] - Lana in FL - 3:45am on 03/15/09
- link to pi day songs for other math teachers here - Lana in FL - 3:46am on 03/15/09
- I will send these to my friend who teaches math. She even has Pi earrings. [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 3:48am on 03/15/09
- I made a "pi" today, a BLT pizza, but it's bacon-Leeks-tomato and boy was it good! - Heather_in_SF - 12:27am on 03/15/09
- Heather, that looks and sounds fantastic! I bought some of that burratta, - LisainLA - 3:07pm on 03/15/09
- This leek was from a local organic produce mart, it was as big around as my wrist - Heather_in_SF - 12:55am on 03/16/09
- Here's a yummy pasta dish if you have any leftover burrata. - Pat-NoCal - 3:22pm on 03/15/09
- Oh Pat, this sounds amazing! I would love to make this next week, - Heather_in_SF - 12:59am on 03/16/09