Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
This leek was from a local organic produce mart, it was as big around as my wrist
Joined: Dec 21, 2005
Posted to Thread #14133 at 12:55 am on Mar 16, 2009
or maybe bigger and it was as long as my tibia (and I have long legs! Godzillaleek... The thinly sliced half filled my 10" Caphalon Everday pan.
So tender and tasty through, I'm wondering what to do with the other half and am thinking of using it in a bean dish tomorrow. I KNOW - I said no more beans for a while but I have these great flajolets from the farmers market and I've been dreaming of my bean salad with lemon tarragon vinagrette. mmmm
"Well-behaved women rarely make history."
Other messages in this thread:
- 14133. Everyone should make pie tomorrow for National Pi Day (3.14)! [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 7:32pm on 03/13/09 (10)
- They'll tell you pi r squared but in my experience, pie are round. What the !? [NT] - Steve2 in LA - 9:51pm on 03/13/09
- Heheh - I think you "area" right. Groan... [NT] - DawnNYS - 2:14pm on 03/14/09
- My students just look at me blankly when I say this (I teach 6th gr math) [NT] - Lana in FL - 3:45am on 03/15/09
- link to pi day songs for other math teachers here - Lana in FL - 3:46am on 03/15/09
- I will send these to my friend who teaches math. She even has Pi earrings. [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 3:48am on 03/15/09
- I made a "pi" today, a BLT pizza, but it's bacon-Leeks-tomato and boy was it good! - Heather_in_SF - 12:27am on 03/15/09
- Heather, that looks and sounds fantastic! I bought some of that burratta, - LisainLA - 3:07pm on 03/15/09
- This leek was from a local organic produce mart, it was as big around as my wrist - Heather_in_SF - 12:55am on 03/16/09
- Here's a yummy pasta dish if you have any leftover burrata. - Pat-NoCal - 3:22pm on 03/15/09
- Oh Pat, this sounds amazing! I would love to make this next week, - Heather_in_SF - 12:59am on 03/16/09