Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
You buy what you want and split it with someone. Most things freeze
Joined: Dec 11, 2005
Posted to Thread #14211 at 11:17 pm on Mar 22, 2009
so don't discount that idea. The whole thing with Costco, is that you bring the product home, break it down to manageable portions and freeze the rest. It helps to have a Food Saver so you can vacuum seal....it keeps perfectly for long periods of time. Those individual, boneless, skinless chicken breasts are wonderful. So are their fresh lamb chops. I love the marinated salmon that is frozen, along with the panko crusted chicken. These are frozen individually, as well. Cheese can be but into portions and frozen.
Find a friend who wants to shop with you and split what you can both use.
~*Many things will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those*~
Other messages in this thread:
- 14211. What to but at Costco if you live alone? I bought a membership so I could buy a - Melissa Dallas - 10:34pm on 03/22/09 (12)
- You buy what you want and split it with someone. Most things freeze - KarenNoCA - 11:17pm on 03/22/09
- I live alone too and here is what I buy.... - Janet in NC - 1:54am on 03/23/09
- I buy almost all of my household cleaners and paper products there. - PatBastrop - 4:45am on 03/23/09
- I go there with a friend with a membership card, don't have one of my own - Heather_in_SF - 11:41am on 03/23/09
- Thanks for the ideas. I think I just need to meet my sister there or take a friend & divvy a lot of - Melissa Dallas - 4:47pm on 03/23/09
- I too was wondering if I should keep my membership. I think I'll keep it for this year and see how - AngAk - 6:45pm on 03/23/09
- Dallas has weird alcohol laws too. Every time you cross a body of water it seems like you go from a - Melissa Dallas - 8:54pm on 03/23/09
- Or unless you live in SF. - Heather_in_SF - 9:00pm on 03/23/09
- We just opened up a huge shelter with virtually no conditions but some of them just - Melissa Dallas - 12:21am on 03/24/09
- Melissa, I've heard that a lot of the homeless feel safer on the street as opposed to a shelter. - FloriSandy - 3:34am on 03/24/09
- When Reagan closed the state run mental institution in Napa, the numbers of homeless dramatically - Heather_in_SF - 7:08pm on 03/25/09
- I hear you Heather and it's very disheartening to say the least! [NT] - FloriSandy - 5:38am on 03/30/09