Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I buy almost all of my household cleaners and paper products there.
Joined: Mar 16, 2006
Posted to Thread #14211 at 4:45 am on Mar 23, 2009
The multi-carton chicken stock is a good one, usually the pull-date is pretty far out. I buy prime steaks and wrap them individually (usually 3 to 4 per pack). Vitamins are a really good buy, and I wait for coupons to replenish. The pharmacy -- usually the best prices (and you don't have to be a member to fill them). Tires! I just had to buy 4 tires for my Civic and they had a $70 coupon. Costco will rotate and balance them for free for the life of the tires. In Austin Costco sells Ruta Maya coffee in 2 pound bags -- if you like whole bean coffee it is really, really good, and much cheaper than you'd think. It is an Austin item, so I don't know if they have it in Dallas.
Also, their return policy is fabulous. I bought Dunkin'Doghnuts coffee and we didn't like it -- I took it back and was credited.
And ink for my inkjet computer. Not much cheaper than other places, but convenient.
Other messages in this thread:
- 14211. What to but at Costco if you live alone? I bought a membership so I could buy a - Melissa Dallas - 10:34pm on 03/22/09 (12)
- You buy what you want and split it with someone. Most things freeze - KarenNoCA - 11:17pm on 03/22/09
- I live alone too and here is what I buy.... - Janet in NC - 1:54am on 03/23/09
- I buy almost all of my household cleaners and paper products there. - PatBastrop - 4:45am on 03/23/09
- I go there with a friend with a membership card, don't have one of my own - Heather_in_SF - 11:41am on 03/23/09
- Thanks for the ideas. I think I just need to meet my sister there or take a friend & divvy a lot of - Melissa Dallas - 4:47pm on 03/23/09
- I too was wondering if I should keep my membership. I think I'll keep it for this year and see how - AngAk - 6:45pm on 03/23/09
- Dallas has weird alcohol laws too. Every time you cross a body of water it seems like you go from a - Melissa Dallas - 8:54pm on 03/23/09
- Or unless you live in SF. - Heather_in_SF - 9:00pm on 03/23/09
- We just opened up a huge shelter with virtually no conditions but some of them just - Melissa Dallas - 12:21am on 03/24/09
- Melissa, I've heard that a lot of the homeless feel safer on the street as opposed to a shelter. - FloriSandy - 3:34am on 03/24/09
- When Reagan closed the state run mental institution in Napa, the numbers of homeless dramatically - Heather_in_SF - 7:08pm on 03/25/09
- I hear you Heather and it's very disheartening to say the least! [NT] - FloriSandy - 5:38am on 03/30/09