Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Nan, on the news recently they said Eagles here in Central Florida are putting their nests near
Joined: Feb 25, 2006
Posted to Thread #14206 at 7:34 pm on Mar 23, 2009
residences, along shorlines mostly. I don't know if it's the power companies or who but someone puts up big platforms along bridges, high light poles, etc. for big birds of prey, mostly, to have a place to nest, since so many trees were removed to build new highways, etc.
My garden is a container garden, so it's not as time consuming as it would be if it were in the ground.
Other messages in this thread:
- 14206. The joys of spring awakening... - Richard in Cincy - 12:25am on 03/22/09 (16)
- Beautiful, Richard. Thanks! [NT] - Marianne - 2:05am on 03/22/09
- Planted "more" lettuce? It's not nearly that warm here, although I did see my first robin this a.m. - DawnNYS - 3:00am on 03/22/09
- I"m enjoying those sounds too. Robins and chipmunks last week, the ducks in the pool this week.Out - Marg CDN - 6:46pm on 03/22/09
- I got four of my raised beds tilled, and added a composted product - KarenNoCA - 11:25pm on 03/22/09
- I just planted spring onions, lettuce, potato's and we are see hummingbirds [NT] - carol whidbey Is - 11:47pm on 03/22/09
- we get our first hummingbirds around April 1, gotta get my feeder ready!! [NT] - Nan - 6:47pm on 03/23/09
- I saw an Eagle flying with a hawk above my house last week. We always have hawks in our bird bath - Marsha tbay - 12:52am on 03/23/09
- I covet your garden!! was surpirsed, when down in the Everglades that there are so many bald eagles. [NT] - Nan - 6:45pm on 03/23/09
- Nan, on the news recently they said Eagles here in Central Florida are putting their nests near - Marsha tbay - 7:34pm on 03/23/09
- Probably to nab pet cats and small doggies. [NT] - Marg CDN - 7:42pm on 03/23/09
- Ah spring...Live Oaks are dropping pollen like snow...my eyes are swollen shut, my lungs are - MarilynFL - 12:12pm on 03/23/09
- ((Oh Marilyn)). A/C will soon be there again :o) [NT] - DawnNYS - 1:05pm on 03/23/09
- the Dall Sheep are on the cliffs again behind our house--they have their young on the cliffs - AngAk - 6:27pm on 03/23/09
- when I was on the vessel Bartlett (Alaska Marine Highway) going in to Whittier in the spring - Nan - 6:43pm on 03/23/09
- it's the lovely pussy willows that get me all congested. [NT] - AngAk - 8:02pm on 03/23/09
- Went out a week ago and found my thyme, tarragon, chives and oregano up- Yay!!! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 6:42pm on 03/23/09