Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Shirley Corriher gives a lovely report on that rest period. Also changes the sugar and gluten
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #14226 at 12:50 pm on Mar 24, 2009
so the batter give different results if baked immediately, one day or two days later.
Provides a good argument for freezing your cookie dough into premade batches.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 14226. Remember that fab NYT Chocolate Chip Cookie Article? I just realized that was written [LINK] - Traca - 6:14am on 03/24/09 (16)
- Shirley Corriher gives a lovely report on that rest period. Also changes the sugar and gluten - MarilynFL - 12:50pm on 03/24/09
- I've been doing that for a couple years now and it works - Richard in Cincy - 2:20pm on 03/24/09
- The chips are quite large, but I have a Jaques Torres in my neighborhood.. - suz - 4:19pm on 03/24/09
- Maybe that's why I've never been satisfied with my choc. chip cookies? [NT] - Traca - 8:18pm on 03/24/09
- As I understand it the resting period works for almost all types of cookies... - suz - 9:21pm on 03/24/09
- I made them this past summer, they get my vote, my nephews vote and.. - suz - 4:18pm on 03/24/09
- Where is the recipe? NT [NT] - elaine - 4:29am on 03/25/09
- click on the link in Traca's post. then look for the recipe link to the left of the article. [NT] - AngAk - 5:12pm on 03/25/09
- I use both flours, but just haven't convinced myself "why?" yet. [NT] - MarilynFL - 4:39pm on 03/24/09
- Because...is that a reason!! [NT] - suz - 4:54pm on 03/24/09
- As a side note, I just realized 2 of my friends are nominated in the same category! - Traca - 8:19pm on 03/24/09
- Oops - where is the recipe should have been posted here.NT [NT] - elaine - 4:30am on 03/25/09
- Here: [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 4:36am on 03/25/09
- Elaine, the NYT tends to put the recipes links to the left (or right) of the story text. [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:41pm on 03/25/09