Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
I've been doing that for a couple years now and it works
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #14226 at 2:20 pm on Mar 24, 2009
beautifully. I originally did it because I was on a freaking dessert death march, making 10 cakes and tortes, a large assortment of cookies, and some other desserts for a party for 80 people, and I needed to do things in advance. So I decided to make all of the cookie doughs weeks in advance and freeze so that I could do slice and bake production. They work just like the article and Shirley says, that deep, dark, rich, even baked, buttery, and caramelly flavor. One thing I do though, is I use mini chips or grate the chocolate to make slicing easier. The regulation-sized chips make slicing difficult.
PS: Also nice to see people finally doubling the vanilla from the traditional recipe. I've been doing this for 40 years, except I use 1 tablespoon.
Other messages in this thread:
- 14226. Remember that fab NYT Chocolate Chip Cookie Article? I just realized that was written [LINK] - Traca - 6:14am on 03/24/09 (16)
- Shirley Corriher gives a lovely report on that rest period. Also changes the sugar and gluten - MarilynFL - 12:50pm on 03/24/09
- I've been doing that for a couple years now and it works - Richard in Cincy - 2:20pm on 03/24/09
- The chips are quite large, but I have a Jaques Torres in my neighborhood.. - suz - 4:19pm on 03/24/09
- Maybe that's why I've never been satisfied with my choc. chip cookies? [NT] - Traca - 8:18pm on 03/24/09
- As I understand it the resting period works for almost all types of cookies... - suz - 9:21pm on 03/24/09
- I made them this past summer, they get my vote, my nephews vote and.. - suz - 4:18pm on 03/24/09
- Where is the recipe? NT [NT] - elaine - 4:29am on 03/25/09
- click on the link in Traca's post. then look for the recipe link to the left of the article. [NT] - AngAk - 5:12pm on 03/25/09
- I use both flours, but just haven't convinced myself "why?" yet. [NT] - MarilynFL - 4:39pm on 03/24/09
- Because...is that a reason!! [NT] - suz - 4:54pm on 03/24/09
- As a side note, I just realized 2 of my friends are nominated in the same category! - Traca - 8:19pm on 03/24/09
- Oops - where is the recipe should have been posted here.NT [NT] - elaine - 4:30am on 03/25/09
- Here: [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 4:36am on 03/25/09
- Elaine, the NYT tends to put the recipes links to the left (or right) of the story text. [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:41pm on 03/25/09