Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
As a tourist I would want to pay one flat fee...for everything.
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #14220 at 6:10 pm on Mar 24, 2009
Maybe you can hire a driver to take them back? I dont' think they should be responsible for that.
I would have the demo/lunch food already bought and only pick up a few items at the markets to limit the time, but give them a flavor. I walked around the meat markets on the islands we were on and I'd be afraid to buy anything there on my own.
Have a spice package prepared for them to take with them.
Keep at least one item simple enough that they can prepare it at home with a similar food. Small snacky nibbles already prepared stretch out a meal and keep them busy. A fish and a salad would make me happy.
I love the idea of greeting them with a drink...but maybe a small snack too since they may have an empty stomach thinking they'll be eating later.
I would pay $50 for this experience.
And I love whoever mentioned telling them stories about the island. That's the BEST part.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 14220. Help from you guys please....ideas and suggestions....re cooking classes..... - joanietoo - 5:46pm on 03/23/09 (45)
- I think it's a fantastic idea. Guests would probably love cultural, historical, etc. tidbits, too. [NT] - ErininNY - 6:39pm on 03/23/09
- Thanx for the input.... - joanietoo - 8:32pm on 03/24/09
- It works in Italy and France and Greece(maybe contact Evelyn?), so I think it would work on Islands - AngAk - 7:08pm on 03/23/09
- Love the idea! M&D just returned from the islands on Saturday. For dog sitting, they gave me - barb_b - 7:45pm on 03/23/09
- Lotsa.... - Marg CDN - 8:08pm on 03/23/09
- What Marg said. That all sounds very exotic to me, and I'm sure the island produce would seem exotic - Joe - 8:34pm on 03/23/09
- Joe, I agree but I am wary about sending people off to buy fish here.... - joanietoo - 8:59pm on 03/24/09
- "Aki, rice, salt fish is nice... (Cue steel drum band)". I agree with Marg. When I visited the \ - Marianne - 11:25pm on 03/23/09
- No turtle allowed.....and no aki where I am.....I do have steele drum music..:) [NT] - joanietoo - 3:13pm on 03/24/09
- That's 'steel' [NT] - joanietoo - 4:13pm on 03/24/09
- In my first ditty, I mentioned that a beach BBQ is always fun for folks. A good way to learn how to - Marg CDN - 12:27am on 03/24/09
- Marge.....you ahve so many great ideas...come and join me in this venture... - joanietoo - 3:10pm on 03/24/09
- The small stuff idea was to allow them to make it again....back at the condo. Part of the plus of a - Marg CDN - 4:21pm on 03/24/09
- It is a good idea to have a wee gift basket/packet of all.... - joanietoo - 4:28pm on 03/24/09
- Methinks it would be prohibitively expensive. The recipe, of course, with some tidbits on origin, - Marg CDN - 4:47pm on 03/24/09
- Marge, if care to share, I'm sure we'd all love to know how you fix your fish! [NT] - Marsha tbay - 4:23pm on 03/24/09
- If it weren't so long ago, remembering would be easier. I'll get back, but it's embarrassingly simpl [NT] - Marg CDN - 7:01pm on 03/27/09
- We dont have the pickapepper as a regional sauce.....however... - joanietoo - 3:20pm on 03/24/09
- Do you have a friend who could embark on this with you...as long as she has a pool? - Marg CDN - 4:24pm on 03/24/09
- Oh...LOL.... - joanietoo - 4:30pm on 03/24/09
- More room for a colourful umbrella. Give them some stories on the hurricane (they're hard - Marg CDN - 4:52pm on 03/24/09
- Here was something that inspired me but of course, I'm no where exotic.... [LINK] - Music City Missy - 11:33pm on 03/23/09
- As someone suggested....seafood. I think of our seafood meals there so often, I wish I knew how to - Marsha tbay - 11:55pm on 03/23/09
- I remember the wonderful fish from our trips to the islands. Please teach them how to reproduce that [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:54am on 03/24/09
- Fried Fish Balls - joanietoo - 8:46pm on 03/24/09
- I've done exactly that in Mexico & Thailand. Sounds like a perfect fit! - Traca - 4:57am on 03/24/09
- I agree about the markets. They can seem overwhemling to a tourist. - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 7:50pm on 03/24/09
- Thanx for the feed back...NOW.....please...there is no ...... - joanietoo - 3:00pm on 03/24/09
- Still thinkin'... - Marg CDN - 4:42pm on 03/24/09
- As a tourist I would want to pay one flat fee...for everything. - MarilynFL - 6:10pm on 03/24/09
- I would pay to have her fix me her Mango Avocado Shrimp salad, on the deck with a view with wine and - AngAk - 7:04pm on 03/24/09
- Good idea Ang as it is a luncheon and French baguette is great with it...thanx [NT] - joanietoo - 8:16pm on 03/24/09
- What Mar said plus...I wouldn't expect Disney quality and love to experience - orchid - 7:12pm on 03/24/09
- Now, why did I not think of that?....get a - joanietoo - 8:26pm on 03/24/09
- I don't know what the relative prices are like where you are, but since you [LINK] - Traca - 8:33pm on 03/24/09
- Hi Traca.... - joanietoo - 8:52pm on 03/24/09
- My pleasure...can't wait to see how things shape up! Sounds like a fab. idea. It's funny how - Traca - 12:14am on 03/25/09
- I think a guided trip through a market would be good. - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 7:48pm on 03/24/09
- If I were doing this seriously, differentiation would be key. I'd have to offer something that no - Marg CDN - 4:49pm on 03/24/09
- Marg the BBQ sounds... - joanietoo - 8:19pm on 03/24/09
- Also dive boats/beaches etc are not the... - joanietoo - 8:35pm on 03/24/09
- No I just mean getting the dive guys to do some driving. Don't they have little buses that they use - Marg CDN - 9:31pm on 03/24/09
- Thank you folk, I have much to work on. - joanietoo - 8:30pm on 03/24/09
- Well....there ya go! [NT] - Marg CDN - 9:31pm on 03/24/09
- I like the idea about the guided trip through the market. Here's what we did - Judy-TX - 8:41pm on 03/30/09