Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Merci, Roz! Oh, that Pierre..heis a tricky one. In "La Patisserie" he uses marconas...in the America
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #14236 at 11:37 am on Mar 26, 2009
cookbook he uses regular almonds.
Thanks for the reassurance. Since this version has been FK-tested, I'll use this recipe.
I poked around the Internet and got flummoxed with David Lebovitz's "foot" discussion on macarons [see link]. I have no clue what he's talking about there. The only body parts I'm interested in are those required to put "hand to mouth" with macaron.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 14236. Will my macarons taste "French" if I use California almonds instead of Spanish marconas? - MarilynFL - 6:17pm on 03/25/09 (6)
- After much experimenting, I found these to be the answer - rhoward2va - 7:49pm on 03/25/09
- Wow! [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 2:42am on 03/26/09
- Merci, Roz! Oh, that Pierre..heis a tricky one. In "La Patisserie" he uses marconas...in the America [LINK] - MarilynFL - 11:37am on 03/26/09
- De Rien. Yes, his was one of the sites I checked out. - rhoward2va - 12:12pm on 03/26/09
- I think the "foot" is that crunchy bottom part as opposed to the smooth top. [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 12:06am on 03/27/09
- Ah...enlightenment. Thanks Luisa. [NT] - MarilynFL - 1:30pm on 03/27/09