Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Sandi in Hawaii||
Love this dressing! I make quadruple batches of it, and keep it in the fridge to have all week.
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #14319 at 3:41 am on Apr 5, 2009
I buy romaine hearts from Costco (6 heads in a bag) and eat a giant salad (maybe a little less than 1 head) for lunch. The dressing keeps for quite a while - at least a couple weeks.
Surprisingly, that Costco romaine also lasts for quite a while. I swear I had a bag in the fridge for at least a month!
(I made a regular caesar dressing with anchovies once, and the fishy flavor kept getting stronger and stronger, but that doesn't happen with this one.)
Use a nice flavorful olive oil - you'll really taste it. Love this dressing!!!
Other messages in this thread:
- 14319. Dinner last night...Garlicky-Black-Pepper-Shrimp-and-Black-Eyed-Peas [LINK] - Curious1 - 1:25pm on 04/02/09 (9)
- Shortcut Caesar Salad from SF Gate...uses fish sauce instead of anchovies. [LINK] - Curious1 - 1:30pm on 04/02/09
- I have made this several times - Pam - 7:13pm on 04/03/09
- Love this dressing! I make quadruple batches of it, and keep it in the fridge to have all week. - Sandi in Hawaii - 3:41am on 04/05/09
- I can vouch for that costco romaine---it lasts for weeks. [NT] - AngAk - 5:26am on 04/06/09
- Why does it last so long? I can't get my lettuce to last that long. - Dawn_MO - 3:09pm on 04/06/09
- Dawn, have you tried Debbie Meyer Greenbags? I just started using them, I think someone may have - Curious1 - 5:11pm on 04/06/09
- I use those green bags all of the time, you can reuse them up to 8 times - Heather_in_SF - 5:30pm on 04/06/09
- Where do you buy the bags, Heather? [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 7:43pm on 04/06/09
- this is heads/hearts of romaine---not leafletts. the compact hearts intact seem to last - AngAk - 7:36pm on 04/06/09