Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Rec: Key Lime Pie, did either of you see this one? They doubled all but the
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #14458 at 5:21 pm on Apr 14, 2009
egg yolks. I had just filed it when I saw this post.
Key Lime Pie
Gourmet | March 2009
Adapted from Town Hall Restaurant in San Francisco, CA
An almond-spiked crust and twice the amount of filling you'd find in most Key lime pies are the secret here.
Yield: Makes 8 to 10 servings
Active Time: 25 min
Total Time: 10 hr (includes chilling)
7 (5-by 2 1/2-inch) graham crackers, broken into small pieces
3/4 cup sliced or slivered almonds
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
2 (14-ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
Grated zest of 2 Key limes
1 cup fresh Key lime juice (from about 2 pounds fresh Key limes)
4 large egg yolks
Accompaniment: sweetened whipped cream
Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in middle. Butter a 9-inch pie plate.
Pulse together graham crackers, almonds, and sugar in a food processor until finely ground. Transfer to a bowl and stir in butter. Press crumb mixture evenly onto bottom and up side of pie plate. Bake until lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Cool completely. (Leave oven on.)
Make filling and bake pie:
Gently whisk together filling ingredients in a medium bowl until smooth and pour into crust. Bake until just set in center, 15 to 20 minutes.
Cool completely (filling will set as it cools). Chill pie, loosely covered, at least 8 hours.
Pie can be chilled up to 2 days.
Other messages in this thread:
- 14458. ISO: CynUpstateNY, Re: Key Lime Pie... - Judy-KY - 4:09pm on 04/14/09 (4)
- Yes, Judy, I did double the filling. I think many of the KLP recipes end up kind of - CynUpstateNY - 5:08pm on 04/14/09
- Rec: Key Lime Pie, did either of you see this one? They doubled all but the [LINK] - Curious1 - 5:21pm on 04/14/09
- Thank you Curious1, I'll try that recipe. [NT] - Judy-KY - 4:25pm on 04/15/09
- Let me know the results, please- I'm making one on Sunday. [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 2:26pm on 04/16/09