Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Joined: Feb 18, 2006
Posted to Thread #1514 at 2:19 pm on Apr 18, 2006
8 or 9" pie crust (I like graham cracker crust)
3 oz. cream cheese, room temp.
2 Tbs. sugar
1 qt. strawberries, divided
1 cup water, divided
1 cup sugar
3 Tbs. corn starch
Combine cream cheese with 2 Tbs. sugar. Spread over the bottom of the pie crust. Refrigerate.
Wash, drain, hull strawberries. Puree 1 cup strawberries; mix with 2/3 cup water and simmer about 3 minutes.
Mix corn starch and 1 cup sugar together; stir in 1/3 cup water. Turn up heat under strawberries and stir in the corn starch mixture. Boil about 1 minute, stirring constantly to make glaze. Cool.
Space uncooked strawberries over the cream cheese layer in the pie crust, saving 4 or 5 nice looking ones. Pour glace over berries. Cut the reserved berries in half and use to garnish the top of the pie.
Serve with whipped topping or vanilla ice cream.
Fresh or frozen raspberries, blackberries, blueberries or pitted sweet cherries may be used in place of the strawberries.
Friends are the flowers in the garden of life.
Other messages in this thread:
- 1514. ISO T&T Strawberry Pie (nt) [NT] - Therese - 1:05pm on 04/18/06 (7)
- Strawberry Pie - BobbiJoAZ - 2:19pm on 04/18/06
- This one from EPI was very good...REC: Strawberry Icebox Pie with Almond Crust [LINK] - RuthAB - 5:37pm on 04/18/06
- I like the idea of the almond crust. - BobbiJoAZ - 6:49pm on 04/18/06
- REC: Strawberry Cream Pie... - Meryl - 10:19pm on 04/18/06
- Danish Dessert makes a great glaze for strawberries. It's found by the jello/pudding mixes and is - AngAk - 6:29pm on 04/18/06
- REC: Strawberry Cream Pie... - Meryl - 10:20pm on 04/18/06
- Love the springform idea. Can't wait to try it. [NT] - AngAk - 10:34pm on 04/18/06