Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Strawberry Cream Pie...
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
Posted to Thread #1514 at 10:20 pm on Apr 18, 2006
This is lusciously delicious. I often double it, and put it into a springform pan - it seems to hold up better when doubled. I've also made this with frozen raspberries, thawed and drained.
STRAWBERRY CREAM PIE
8 oz. pkg. cream cheese; softened
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup (+ additional for garnish) strawberries; sliced
1 cup heavy whipping cream, chilled
1/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
9-inch graham cracker crust
Combine cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and nutmeg until well blended. Mash 1 cup strawberry slices, stir into cream cheese mixture. Whip cream with powdered sugar until stiff peaks form; fold into cream cheese mixture; spoon into crust. Chill several hours or overnight.
Before serving, garnish with sliced strawberries in an overlapping circle on pie.
Optional: Serve with whipped cream and a mint leaf on the side.
A balanced diet is equal parts of milk and dark chocolate.
Other messages in this thread:
- 1514. ISO T&T Strawberry Pie (nt) [NT] - Therese - 1:05pm on 04/18/06 (7)
- Strawberry Pie - BobbiJoAZ - 2:19pm on 04/18/06
- This one from EPI was very good...REC: Strawberry Icebox Pie with Almond Crust [LINK] - RuthAB - 5:37pm on 04/18/06
- I like the idea of the almond crust. - BobbiJoAZ - 6:49pm on 04/18/06
- REC: Strawberry Cream Pie... - Meryl - 10:19pm on 04/18/06
- Danish Dessert makes a great glaze for strawberries. It's found by the jello/pudding mixes and is - AngAk - 6:29pm on 04/18/06
- REC: Strawberry Cream Pie... - Meryl - 10:20pm on 04/18/06
- Love the springform idea. Can't wait to try it. [NT] - AngAk - 10:34pm on 04/18/06