Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Another great one from Pacific Rim Caesar Salad:
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
Posted to Thread #14742 at 6:17 pm on May 9, 2009
PACIFIC-RIM CAESAR SALAD
(Note: I didn't add the 1/2 cup vegetable oil or the parmesan cheese - may try it another time. I used about 2/3 - 3/4 head of romaine, plus a few sliced mushrooms).
"Top this salad with seared tuna or scallops to make it into a main course for four." (one reviewer served it with grilled shrimp).
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1/4 cup fresh lime juice (I used 3 Tbsp)
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon chopped peeled fresh ginger
1 tablespoon minced lemongrass* (I used 1 Tbsp lemon zest)
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon fish sauce (nam pla)** (I used 1 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce)
2 garlic cloves, peeled (I used 3 large)
2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce** (First two times I used 1/2 tsp Asian chili sauce, last time I used 1/4 tsp)
1/2 cup vegetable oil (I omitted this)
1 large head of romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces (about 15 cups loosely packed) (I used about 2/3 - 3/4 head)
1 cup (packed) grated Parmesan cheese (about 3 ounces) (I omitted this)
Heat heavy small skillet over medium-low heat. Add sesame seeds and stir until toasted and golden, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
Combine lime juice and next 7 ingredients in processor; process until well blended. With processor running, add vegetable oil in slow stream; process until slightly thickened. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
Place lettuce in large bowl. Add dressing and 3/4 cup Parmesan; toss to combine. Divide salad among 6 plates; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and toasted sesame seeds.
* Available at Asian markets and in the produce section of some supermarkets.
** Fish sauce and chili-garlic sauce are available at Asian markets and in the Asian foods section of many supermarkets.
Makes 6 first-course servings.
Bon Appétit - R.S.V.P. -December 2001
SideBern's, Tampa, FL
A balanced diet is equal parts of milk and dark chocolate.
Other messages in this thread:
- 14742. ISO: recipe for your favorite salad dressing(s) [NT] - EvaN - 10:06am on 05/09/09 (33)
- We have been enjoying Joe's rec: Asian Sweet and Sour viniagrette [LINK] - barb_b - 10:47am on 05/09/09
- Barb, I am so glad you tried it and liked it! It's one of Julia's most useful sauces. [NT] - Joe - 12:09am on 05/10/09
- Orange Zest Dressing - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 1:49pm on 05/09/09
- Eva, have you seen this thread of favorite dressings posted by Mia in 2005? [NT] [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 5:12pm on 05/09/09
- I love this one from Citrus Green Bean Salad: - Meryl - 6:12pm on 05/09/09
- This is one of my favs... [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 10:14pm on 05/09/09
- The dressing on this one is fantastic. Cranberry Pecan Salad orig. posted by Pat - CathyZ from Kauai - 6:13pm on 05/09/09
- I second that. [NT] - Marg CDN - 10:26pm on 05/09/09
- This Caesar dressing is the best I've had anywhere- very T&T - CathyZ from Kauai - 6:15pm on 05/09/09
- Another great one from Pacific Rim Caesar Salad: [LINK] - Meryl - 6:17pm on 05/09/09
- This is in Mia's thread- Papaya Seed Dressing. Soooo good - CathyZ from Kauai - 6:17pm on 05/09/09
- Watercress, Pear and Walnut Salad- simple dressing but wonderful - CathyZ from Kauai - 6:20pm on 05/09/09
- Another good one: Creamy Lemony Pepper-Parmesan Dressing - Meryl - 6:29pm on 05/09/09
- Vodka Vinaigrette (and REC: Seared Peppered-Tuna on Mesclun Greens Salad) - Steve2 in LA - 6:42pm on 05/09/09
- Had this at a dinner party and loved it--REC: Bok Choy Salad... - charlie - 7:57pm on 05/09/09
- Interesting - I've never eaten bok choy raw before. [NT] - Sandi in Hawaii - 3:17am on 05/10/09
- makes two of us--who knew [NT] - charlie - 12:12pm on 05/10/09
- A Major Grey Chutney -curry dressing for spinach salad w/ - Luisa_Calif - 9:57pm on 05/09/09
- Sounds delicious! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 10:31am on 05/10/09
- Creole Vinaigrette (with Mache) - Sylvia - 10:00pm on 05/09/09
- Asian Spinach Salad - Marg CDN - 10:16pm on 05/09/09
- I'm finding this difficult to contribute to without the guts of the salad as well. [NT] - Marg CDN - 10:18pm on 05/09/09
- No worries Marg, it's turning into a nice thread of yummy-sounding salads. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 1:43am on 05/10/09
- I do a normal orange vinaigrette..shallots, grapeseed oil, orange juice, Dijon, with gently sauteed - Marg CDN - 10:19pm on 05/09/09
- Blue cheese- - Melissa Dallas - 10:19pm on 05/09/09
- I just love hazelnut oil & sub it often in the normal vinaigrette. [NT] - Marg CDN - 10:28pm on 05/09/09
- Rec: Honey Raspberry Vinaigrette - orchid - 11:23pm on 05/09/09
- I love this dressing on Spinach Salad (w/bacon, mushrooms, avocado, hard-boiled eggs, sesame seeds) - Pat-NoCal - 1:42am on 05/10/09
- I am totally addicted to REC: Lemon Tarragon Vinagrette - Heather_in_SF - 7:03am on 05/10/09
- Cathy Z's Pawpaw dressing...but the recipe is on the island..... [NT] - joanietoo - 2:51pm on 05/10/09
- I posted it in this thread at number 8 Joanie- thanks for thinking of it [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 4:47pm on 05/10/09
- I just linked this thread and Mia's thread for salad dressings in the great threads, in T & T [NT] - Dawn_MO - 1:17pm on 05/11/09
- great idea! [NT] - AngAk - 6:58pm on 05/11/09