Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Creole Vinaigrette (with Mache)
Joined: Dec 14, 2005
Posted to Thread #14742 at 10:00 pm on May 9, 2009
MACHE SALAD WITH CREOLE VINAIGRETTE
Mâche is sold in different ways — sometimes it comes in a package with soil plugs attached and sometimes you can find it loose, like mesclun. If you're buying it with plugs attached, you'll need 1 1/2 pounds; if you're buying it loose, you'll need 5 ounces.
1 yolk from a large hard-boiled egg
2 3/4 teaspoons white-wine vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
16 cups loosely packed mâche (lamb's lettuce; see above)
Crumble yolk into a blender, then add vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper and blend until combined well. With motor running, add oil in a slow stream, blending until combined well.
Toss mâche with vinaigrette just before serving.
Vinaigrette can be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered. Bring to room temperature, then whisk until combined well.
Makes 10 servings.
Epicurious.com © CondéNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
Other messages in this thread:
- 14742. ISO: recipe for your favorite salad dressing(s) [NT] - EvaN - 10:06am on 05/09/09 (33)
- We have been enjoying Joe's rec: Asian Sweet and Sour viniagrette [LINK] - barb_b - 10:47am on 05/09/09
- Barb, I am so glad you tried it and liked it! It's one of Julia's most useful sauces. [NT] - Joe - 12:09am on 05/10/09
- Orange Zest Dressing - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 1:49pm on 05/09/09
- Eva, have you seen this thread of favorite dressings posted by Mia in 2005? [NT] [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 5:12pm on 05/09/09
- I love this one from Citrus Green Bean Salad: - Meryl - 6:12pm on 05/09/09
- This is one of my favs... [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 10:14pm on 05/09/09
- The dressing on this one is fantastic. Cranberry Pecan Salad orig. posted by Pat - CathyZ from Kauai - 6:13pm on 05/09/09
- I second that. [NT] - Marg CDN - 10:26pm on 05/09/09
- This Caesar dressing is the best I've had anywhere- very T&T - CathyZ from Kauai - 6:15pm on 05/09/09
- Another great one from Pacific Rim Caesar Salad: [LINK] - Meryl - 6:17pm on 05/09/09
- This is in Mia's thread- Papaya Seed Dressing. Soooo good - CathyZ from Kauai - 6:17pm on 05/09/09
- Watercress, Pear and Walnut Salad- simple dressing but wonderful - CathyZ from Kauai - 6:20pm on 05/09/09
- Another good one: Creamy Lemony Pepper-Parmesan Dressing - Meryl - 6:29pm on 05/09/09
- Vodka Vinaigrette (and REC: Seared Peppered-Tuna on Mesclun Greens Salad) - Steve2 in LA - 6:42pm on 05/09/09
- Had this at a dinner party and loved it--REC: Bok Choy Salad... - charlie - 7:57pm on 05/09/09
- Interesting - I've never eaten bok choy raw before. [NT] - Sandi in Hawaii - 3:17am on 05/10/09
- makes two of us--who knew [NT] - charlie - 12:12pm on 05/10/09
- A Major Grey Chutney -curry dressing for spinach salad w/ - Luisa_Calif - 9:57pm on 05/09/09
- Sounds delicious! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 10:31am on 05/10/09
- Creole Vinaigrette (with Mache) - Sylvia - 10:00pm on 05/09/09
- Asian Spinach Salad - Marg CDN - 10:16pm on 05/09/09
- I'm finding this difficult to contribute to without the guts of the salad as well. [NT] - Marg CDN - 10:18pm on 05/09/09
- No worries Marg, it's turning into a nice thread of yummy-sounding salads. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 1:43am on 05/10/09
- I do a normal orange vinaigrette..shallots, grapeseed oil, orange juice, Dijon, with gently sauteed - Marg CDN - 10:19pm on 05/09/09
- Blue cheese- - Melissa Dallas - 10:19pm on 05/09/09
- I just love hazelnut oil & sub it often in the normal vinaigrette. [NT] - Marg CDN - 10:28pm on 05/09/09
- Rec: Honey Raspberry Vinaigrette - orchid - 11:23pm on 05/09/09
- I love this dressing on Spinach Salad (w/bacon, mushrooms, avocado, hard-boiled eggs, sesame seeds) - Pat-NoCal - 1:42am on 05/10/09
- I am totally addicted to REC: Lemon Tarragon Vinagrette - Heather_in_SF - 7:03am on 05/10/09
- Cathy Z's Pawpaw dressing...but the recipe is on the island..... [NT] - joanietoo - 2:51pm on 05/10/09
- I posted it in this thread at number 8 Joanie- thanks for thinking of it [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 4:47pm on 05/10/09
- I just linked this thread and Mia's thread for salad dressings in the great threads, in T & T [NT] - Dawn_MO - 1:17pm on 05/11/09
- great idea! [NT] - AngAk - 6:58pm on 05/11/09