Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I spent the day with Curious1 on Monday and we had a great time!
Joined: Dec 11, 2005
Posted to Thread #15089 at 11:11 pm on Jun 10, 2009
This was about the fourth or fifth time I’ve met with Curious here in Florida over the years. This visit was special as we got to spend the entire day together.
I drove to her house and got to meet her wonderful hubby Bill whom I heard so many nice things about. Their house is absolutely gorgeous. To paint a picture, three lion heads spout water into the pool in their lanai…. – not to mention her base of operations, the spacious kitchen with a work island. I was delighted to see where Curious’ culinary masterpieces come from. Sorry Curious, I HAD to tell them!
Curious drove us to Bangkok – restaurant that is, for lunch. We shared a crab Rangoon appy that was very good and she had pad Thai while I had a fried rice medley of pork, chicken breast, and Gulf shrimp and a glass of pino grigio. In the same shopping center, we went to an Italian/Polish specialty shop to look around.
Before doing some more shopping, we stopped at a lovely park on the water overlooking Siesta Key (Gulf of Mexico island which is my next beach to explore and park my butt) in the distance to walk and sightsee.
Back in the car, off we go to an authentic German meat market/grocer. I was awed by the many different kinds of freshly made and dried sausages, etc. I picked up a can of hard-to-find Maine kippers for Dad that he loved for lunch today.
Off to my favorite shop of all, the Asian market! This shop is much nicer than the one in Bradenton where I’ve been. I picked up a 4-lb. package of Zaru soba (Japanese buckwheat noodles) that I couldn’t find down here – well, I did in Bradenton but their expiration date was not good. These noodles are much thinner than those I used to buy at a Japanese market back home but I’m very happy just the same to have them! I also bought a package of Kashmiri Mirch (Indian red chilli powder), whole dried coriander, and a can of Thai coconut cream.
Back at Curious’ home, we sat in the lanai overlooking the pool and beautiful wooded lot while her dear hubby served us nuts, crackers and cheese, and drinks. She’s a very lucky gal! Curious cut off a few stalks of lemongrass for me to take home from the huge pot next to her pool. I’m working on making a Thai dish to use some of the lemongrass.
Thanks again for a wonderful day Curious!
Other messages in this thread:
- 15089. I spent the day with Curious1 on Monday and we had a great time! [IMAGE] - FloriSandy - 11:11pm on 06/10/09 (16)
- beautiful. [NT] - AngAk - 11:30pm on 06/10/09
- Darn, I was hoping for the Paisley Duet again, lovely ladies. [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:17am on 06/11/09
- Lol, it took me awhile to figure that one out. That was a long time ago. [NT] - Curious1 - 3:20pm on 06/11/09
- Ha-ha! You remembered. I thought it was ironic myself [NT] - FloriSandy - 11:32pm on 06/11/09
- Awesome! Thanks for sharing:) [NT] - deb-in-MI - 1:26am on 06/11/09
- You ladies look so beautiful and it looks like you were having so much fun! what a great day! [NT] - Heather_in_SF - 1:55am on 06/11/09
- What a lovely day! Thanks for sharing it with us, Sandy! [NT] - PatBastrop - 3:54am on 06/11/09
- Cheers to you both! Thanks for sharing your day with us! [NT] - Barbara in VA - 12:37pm on 06/11/09
- Sounds like a nice day! I was searching for a recipe on this site and came across this recipe. [NT] [LINK] - GailNJ - 12:58pm on 06/11/09
- Thanks so much Gail. I have a recipe in mind but will print this out for future [NT] - FloriSandy - 11:31pm on 06/11/09
- What a fun day!! What a nice picture!! [NT] - barb_b - 1:19pm on 06/11/09
- You are so welcome Sandy, it was a fun day. I'm sorry the Italian/Indian market was closed. [NT] - Curious1 - 2:39pm on 06/11/09
- lol, don't be silly. I think we did quite well with our shopping! [NT] - FloriSandy - 4:06pm on 06/11/09
- nice to see you both, it's sounds like a wonderful day together. :-) [NT] - Randi - 5:36pm on 06/11/09
- Aww...beautiful ladies! [NT] - orchid - 6:13pm on 06/12/09
- How wonderful!! Feel I know you both, but must make my next Florida trip a meetup trip. [NT] - Nan - 7:19pm on 06/13/09