Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
To cinnamon or not to cinnamon, that is the question...
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #15359 at 9:06 pm on Jul 3, 2009
I grew up with my grandma's pies (she sat on her deck and picked the cherries at tree height--LOL), the flaky lard crust and she used cinnamon and tapioca in her cherry pie. IT was more like a great big flaky cherry turnover pastry.
Now I've had people say: "Cinnamon in Cherry Pie???" Like I was mad.
I just thought everyone did it.
Other messages in this thread:
- 15359. What is your favorite cherry pie recipe please? I bought a bag full of montmorency - Barbara in VA - 12:46pm on 07/02/09 (15)
- Barbara, This sounds wonderful not T&T however. Betty Rosbottom's Cherry & Almond Tart [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 1:11pm on 07/02/09
- Gay, this sounds great!!! Thank you for finding it! [NT] - Barbara in VA - 4:25pm on 07/02/09
- Barbara, I hope you enjoy the recipe if you try it. [NT] - GayR - 5:58pm on 07/02/09
- BOOKMARKED... GayR this recipe~ definitely for the 4th this year~ Thank you ;) [NT] - dianncy1964 - 2:14am on 07/03/09
- barbaraaaa, my bestestestest friend....BFFFFFFFFF! [NT] - MarilynFL - 2:45pm on 07/02/09
- Marilyn, I am hoping that there will be more at the Sat market....Please come and - Barbara in VA - 4:26pm on 07/02/09
- Lol Marilyn, I've not seen a sour cherry (except canned) for years. Love, love cherry pie. [NT] - Curious1 - 5:15pm on 07/02/09
- We have a tree but I also found frozen ones at GFS Marketplace - better than canned [NT] - Music City Missy - 9:48pm on 07/02/09
- Awww, one of my BEST memories of Harper's Ferry is picking sour cherries. I miss them! [NT] - PatBastrop - 10:56pm on 07/02/09
- Cherry Almond Crumble Pie [LINK] - SusanKentfieldCa - 6:28pm on 07/02/09
- Susan this sound delicious,,,,now I must find more cherries! [NT] - Barbara in VA - 2:27pm on 07/03/09
- As soon as I read "What is your favorite cherry pie recipe" I knew it was you, Barbara, posting. - deb-in-MI - 5:14pm on 07/03/09
- To cinnamon or not to cinnamon, that is the question... - Richard in Cincy - 9:06pm on 07/03/09
- Definitely cinnamon. I love the Double Chery Pie mistral posted at Gail's - LisainLA - 4:47pm on 07/04/09
- of course!! You can also try cardamom with a shot of vanilla - YUM! [NT] - cheezz - 5:40am on 07/09/09